To You, My Own Onee-chan

- - -

"𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿; 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗺 𝗜 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁, 𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗡𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲— 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵. 𝕀𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤, 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕝..."

— 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐤𝐚 ''𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐞'' 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐨𝐤𝐢. ( XX/XX/20XX )

- - -

Every experience, every twist and turn of my life, has led me to this singular moment—I still feel it. It's as if the universe meticulously orchestrated every event, flawlessly crafting a path for me to meet them. Just like a perfectly crafted handiwork without any flaw or a crack. Thus, I have wholeheartedly accepted this call-from-unknown.

When that time came, the sun on the horizon I see had already begun to set. Daytime activities were slowly coming to an end and nighttime activities were just about to begin. Him and I started waiting at Exit A to greet his older sister. Of course, I was hesitant about meeting more people, but since they were from outside the school and I was relatively unrecognizable, I didn't object much.

Truth be told, curiosity played a significant role in my decision to go along with it. Kazuma had been singing his sister's praises to me for so long that I couldn't help but be curious about the person behind all the admiration.

What kind of a sibling did this unpredictable and unstable boy like him have? Were they the same? How was it possible that she didn't know about his talent? Were their relationships the same as mine with my siblings? So many questions, so few answers...

''...Are you sure about...this?'' 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," Kazuma tried to reassure me, followed by a silent sigh. "They're amazing people, they'll warm up to you in no time." His words carried a sense of optimism that I found a bit of nonsense.

He continued, "The reason you pushed the people around you away was because they were students, right? I think that's what you should do as well—you don't need those suckers. But for those outside of school, I don't think so. Give it a chance."

''Your definition of awesome is quite questionable, but yet how. . . Wait. Did you just said 'they'?''

''Oh, right. A friend of my onee-chan will join us as well. Looks like there might be more social interaction for you after all. Tough luck, huh? Haha.''