Chapter 1: Sharpay's Side

At The Evans' Family Mansion:

Sharpay Evans- Foster is now twenty-four years old and has just recently returned to Albuquerque, NM. She is visiting her parents along with her husband Brian Foster. They met while attending college together and have now been married for three years. Sharpay hasn't visited her parent's house she left and went to Yale where she met Brian. It's now been six years since she has been in her former room the one she had since childhood and before she moved out when she went to college. Since Brain went to help her parents with something and she had decided to stay home. While at her parent's house she is going through her old stuff. When looking around in her old closet she finds a box. That box just happens to be her ex-box containing memories from when she and Troy were together from all those years ago.

Sharpay signs, picks up the ex- box and sets it down on the bed. She didn't even notice that Ryan had walked in. Who also is visiting their parent's this weekend.

"Hey Shar, what are you looking at?" Ryan asks already noticing the box but not what was inside the box.

"Oh hey Ry, I'm just looking at some old memories from a long time ago." Sharpay answers.

"Really and what memories would those be?"

"Just the ones from when Troy and I were together. I had forgotten that this box was here or that it even existed since it's been forever. I don't even remember what's inside it."

"Are you still thinking about him after all this time? I thought that you had gotten over him after you and Brian met?"

"I did get over Troy. I got over him in college, but that doesn't mean that part of my heart has ever healed. It's the part that never healed and is still hurting Ry." Sharpay says as she signs again. Inside of her hand is a picture of her and Troy. That picture was taken of them one day before their first day of High School in their freshman year. They had been dating since the fifth grade until the middle of freshman year when things just suddenly changed.

"I know but, it has been over ten years since you guys were last together."

"I know that too but, I still can't help but look back and think about where everything went wrong though and what could have been." She says getting off the bed and grabbing her jacket with the picture still in her hand. Ryan is left in her old room knowing that she needed to be alone with her thoughts. The topic of Troy always had her thinking what if things could've been different or if she had choose to stay with him.

(Sharpay leaves her family house and goes to East High. The place when in beginning she thought that things between her and Troy wouldn't change until they did in the end.)

Here I stand alone

With this weight upon my heart

And it will not go away

In my head I keep on looking back

Right back to the start

Wondering what it was that made you change

(Sharpay flashes back to the start when things began to change. She just never thought at the time that Troy would break her heart. Where she would end up breaking up with him and she would close her heart off to another relationship after. )

It's the first day of High School: Freshman Year

(two months before Sharpay breaks up with Troy)