Chapter 16: The Ending Part Seven

Previously on What If:

While he is saying this Troy didn't realize that a nurse had come in to take him to see Sharpay. The nurse not having the heart to interrupt just let him continue talking to his babies. Troy at this point looks up and sees the nurse and she comes over.

"Sorry I didn't want to interrupt you, but I just wanted to let you know that your wife's room is ready. And I came to take you to her whenever you are ready."

"I'm ready." Troy responds and looks to the twins again and goes to follow the nurse out and to Sharpay's room.

Sharpay's Hospital Room

Troy enters into Sharpay's room in the hospital and sees his wife hooked up to a lot of wires, machines and a breathing tube.

The nurse who had shown Troy where Sharpay's room was saw that Troy was looking over at his wife almost afraid to touch her. "You can hold her hand and talk to her. You never know it might bring her out of her coma faster than you know." The nurse said trying to be helpful as she has seen over time what happens to each and every different coma patient.

"Do you really think so?" Troy asks.

"I do and plus in a way your wife can feel your love for her even though she isn't awake at the moment."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, I'm going to leave so you can have some time alone with your wife. Would you like for me to bring the others that are waiting in the ER?"

"Not yet, I want some time alone with my wife first before anyone else comes into her room. But if they want to see the babies in the NICU that is fine."

"You got it." With that the nurse leaves Troy to be alone with Sharpay.

Troy takes a seat down in a chair that is next to the bed and holds her hand as if it's a lifeline. "Hey baby, it's me and I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I'm sorry that I wasn't here to hold your hand and be there for when you went into labor." Troy starts off while trying to keep his tears at bay. "I saw our babies and guess what we have one of each. A boy and a girl, boy am I in trouble now especially since our daughters seem to be taking after you in their looks and beauty. I names the twins with the names that we agreed on I hope that you don't mind. Our son's name is Zachary Ryan Jack and our daughter's name is Ariel Melody Linda. Pay I need you to wake up and come back to me." Troy says finally breaking down in tears still holding on his wife's hand.

While Troy was talking to his wife little did he know that she was listening while with her own angels to help guide her back to him and their family.

With Sharpay:

(It's starts off while on the way to the hospital before she started to code in the ambulance.)

"Okay we are about 5 minutes away from the hospital. Are you feeling any pain or contractions coming?" Dawson asks to mom to be.

"No not yet." Sharpay answers while looking over at Dawson. She then turns her head to her best friend and sister in law. "Gabs, I need you to promise me something."

"Like what?" Gabby asks confused and not really liking where this was going. Not really wanting to argue with her sister in law while she was in labor.