Chapter 7: Troy Finally Understands

(This chapter picks up right after the last chapter. The song lyrics and some scenes from chapters 1 and 3 are also going to be in this chapter as well. I might add or reword some of it.)

Father Time and Troy appear right in front of the entrance to East High School. This happens to be where their relationship came apart. Troy looks around and sees that Sharpay is also standing at the entrance to the high school. (This is earlier in the day before the wish and the party.) He sees that Sharpay is looking at something in her hands. He goes over to her and looks over her shoulder and sees that she is looking at the last photograph that they ever took together before things got complicated.

Troy, confused walks over to Father Time. "Umm...Father Time?"

"Yes?" Father Time asks.

"Sorry to that I am asking you so many questions, but why are we in front of the school? And why can I see Sharpay? Is she able to see us?" Troy asks feeling very confused.

"Answer to all of your questions. First of all, we are here because this takes place before Sharpay made her wish for you. She was here earlier today and so we are actually seeing her right after she left her house. She had spoken to her brother, Ryan earlier which led her to coming here. She was here to think about her past and you were a huge part of her past. No, Sharpay isn't able to see or hear us, as she was alone when this happened."

"I thought that I was going to see things through her eyes?"

"You are going to see things through Sharpay's eyes. But you are to be going to do that by watching from a distance."

"Then how can I understand, if I'm not actually seeing it through her eyes?"

"Troy listen to me when I say this because you don't really have to be inside someone's mind or body to be able to see things through their eyes. You can do that simply just by watching them from a distance. Seeing how they react to certain events or see the pain that enters their hearts. As well as seeing how their reactions to it."

"Okay." Troy says.

"Now in order for you to truly understand, you have to really be paying attention this time around. Because I can tell that you weren't really paying attention the first time around when the Ghosts of Past and Present showed you some of these flashbacks. This time please pay attention to Sharpay. For this is her past, her present you already know some of it."

"Alright." Troy answers.

"Good. Are you ready to begin?" Father Time asks, while looking at Troy. Who nods his head in agreement. "Now listen..."

(Sharpay is outside her former high school)

Sharpay had left her childhood house after talking to her twin brother Ryan. She arrives at East High, where in beginning she thought that things between her and Troy wouldn't change until they did in the end. She never thought that things would have gotten so bad until she had to force herself to look at everything that had happened.

(Sharpay pulls out the picture that she has of her and Troy. It was the last one that they had ever taken. She sees how happy they were and begins to wonder again where it all went wrong. So she begins to sing a song she heard from a movie a long time ago. )

Here I stand alone

With this weight upon my heart

And it will not go away