Chapter 17: Ending Part Eight

Last Time on What If:

"Very good my dear and now once I snap my fingers you will begin your path back to life or to heaven."

"Okay."

"Love you my dear." Grandpa Bolton says and snaps his fingers.

(This is picking up from the last chapter.)

With Troy:

Troy is now back in Sharpay's hospital room and holding her hand while praying for her to come back to him and their family.

'Please come back to us baby...... I don't know how to live without you in my life.' Troy prays and thinks. He is so into his thoughts that he doesn't notice that Chad has entered into the room.

Chad noticing his friend to into his thoughts decides to walk over to him and place his hand on Troy's shoulder. This causes Troy to stop what he was thinking and look up to see Chad.

"Hey man, I didn't even see you come in. What are you doing here? Where's Taylor?" Troy asks wanting to keep the subject away from his beloved wife as much as he can.

"To answer one of those questions: Taylor is with the other girls seeing to the babies. And for the last question: I came here to see how you are holding up." Chad answers knowing what his friend was trying to do. Not that Chad could blame Troy for doing that.

"I'm doing fine." Troy says but with no light or smile reaching his eyes.

"You sure about that?" Chad asked.

"No, I just don't know how to feel..."

"How are you truly feeling about this?"

"Truthfully man, I feel like my heart is breaking in two. I don't know whether or not my wife is going to wake up. Or if she will make it."

"Man, I wish I could tell you that I feel what you are feeling, but I can't since I've never been in this situation before. However, I can understand how you feel about your heart breaking since I would feel the same way if this was Taylor in Shar's place. Has the doctor been in yet?"

"No, not yet and I have no idea what is going on as no one is telling me what is happening...." Before Troy could go on a knock on the door is heard and in comes the doctor.

"Hello Mr. Bolton is now a good time for us to talk?" she asked after seeing Chad.

"Yes." Troy responds.

"Sir, if you won't mind stepping outside so I could speak with Mr. Bolton about his wife......" Troy interrupts' the doctor before she could go on.

"He can stay."

"Okay than. I am going to be very honest with you Mr. Bolton. As you know your wife is in a coma." The doctor starts. Troy nods his head. "Now, we have run some test to see what is keeping her in this coma. As we had hoped that by now your wife would have woken up or showed some signs of waking up. However, the longer she is in this coma the longer it will be harder for us or anyone to get her out of it."

"So what exactly are you trying to tell me?" Troy asks with tears in his eyes and Chad holding on to him.

"What I'm trying to say is that you might have to consider taking your wife off the ventilator."