Chapter 5: The Visit from the Ghost of the Future

While Troy is looking up at the ceiling in his room, he begins thinking. He thinks about what he saw from both the past and the present. And in the end all he could think about is how Chad betrayed him.

'How could Chad do this to me? I thought that he was my best friend', he thinks as he looks at pictures of him and Chad. 'Chad knew how much I loved Sharpay back then. He saw how much pain I was in after she broke up with me.'

Troy was so deep in though that he doesn't notice when the Ghost of the Future appeared.

"Sad past that you saw isn't it?" The Ghost of the Future asks breaking Troy away from his thoughts.

"Yeah, I guess I just couldn't figure out why my best friend would do this to me. Or that he had anything to do with Sharpay ending things between us back then."

"Well for starters he was jealous."

"Why was he jealous?"

"He was jealous because you had someone who loved you more than life itself and he wanted to have that too. He was also probably afraid that he was going to lose you as a best friend along the way. Had you gone down a different path."

"Could you please show me what that path would have been like?"

"I'm afraid that I can't do that. And the reason for that is because you let Sharpay walk out of your life while this became your future."

"If none of this ever would've happened, would we have been happy and together?"

"Yes, you both would've been very happy together."

"Can you please show me Sharpay's future and what will become of her?"

"I can, but I must warn you that what you are about to see will be very heart breaking."

"I am ready," Troy says after taking a deep breath. "I need to know what will happen to her and her baby."

"Very well than, let's begin," with that said the Ghost of the Future snaps his fingers and an image appears. "Now this is nine months into the future. I know that you have questions as to why, but you need to see and listen to what you are about to see."

Troy doesn't say anything, but nods his head in understanding.

(Nine Months into the Future)

Sharpay is in the hospital in labor getting ready to have her baby. Her secret that she has been keeping from everyone is about to be revealed. The secret that she has been keeping is that she could die while or after giving birth to her baby. (You will find out more here along with the chapter.) Since her husband is away filming a movie and wouldn't be able to make it back in time, Ryan is there helping or at least he is trying to.)

"Okay Shar, you got this! You are doing great!" Ryan says to his sister.

"Ry, please don't hate me for not telling you this..."

"Tell me what Pay?"

"Remember a few months back when Brian and I were home visiting mom and dad. Before I told everyone that I'm pregnant?"

"Yes."

"And you asked me what was wrong?"

"Yes."