eight

The same routine of hell started again

The same routine of hell started again. Working endlessly, with not enough time to rest. Sometimes, there's a lot of paperwork for Aein to check. At the same time, she had to study and perform surgeries.

she sighed exhaustedly, "Why did i agree to be an oncologist when i can just be a normal medical doctor already? Now i had to do this practical–"

"No, Aein, you promise not to complain in whatever the circumtances are. It's my dream to be a surgical oncologist, so i had to survive this. Just 2 months left with this practical, and im fully an official oncologist–"

Oncology is the study of cancer. An oncologist is a doctor who treats cancer and provides medical care for a person diagnosed with cancer.

An oncologist may also be called a cancer specialist. The field of oncology has 3 major areas based on treatments: medical oncology, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology.

As for Jay, he was mostly majoring in surgical and radiation. He was a fully oncologist as he started his studying first before her.

While checking her paperwork in her office, Jihye came inside without knocking or telling Aein that she came. Aein, who was a bit busy startled by the sudden door flung,

"Jihye?"

Jihye stunt in her step before turning slowly to face her dear friend,

"Aein, hi! i thought you were still in the surgery room??" Jihye asked, with a sheepish smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh man, i just wanted to steal your coffee and some cookies. It tasted better than the office in my department, " Jihye explained, which makes Aein chuckled.

"You came all the way from the other building, just to steal my coffee and cookies?" Aein stated, and Jihye slowly nodded with her lips pouted.

Aein smiled, seeing how cute Jihye was just now. "I like your effort in stealing my things, hope you won't betray me and steal my boyfriend instead," Aein joked, which made Jihye widen her eyes.

"Yah! i only steal foods."

"And i won't ever dare to do that. Like bro, be freaking for real, i am not a 'heaven on earth' abbreviation, you know. I know my limits, and i won't ruin my long ass friendship for a man. Even if your future man did effect feelings for me, i swear i will quickly ignore it and maybe i will emigrate to another country so that i won't see you or him so that my feelings would gone. I will choose you over him, and i would even die for you. Mostly kill him for you if he ever did hurt you, " Jihye explained in one breath,

Aein laughed, "Yeah, i know you, Ji, and i was joking. There's no need to give me a long explanation. "

"Anyways, you and Jake have a thing, huh?" Jihye asked, smiling teasingly at her along with wiggling her eyebrows.

"Uhm, what? that's so sudden? of course, no, " Aein replied,

"Come on, tell me at least you two kiss or something while go missing in the morning–

"Woah woah stop there ma'am, a kiss? That's too much????? i don't even like him that way, " Aein stated.

"You lying."

"Im being real, Song Jihye,"

"That fine, handsome man doesn't affect you at all?" Jihye gasped loudly, covering her mouth in shock.

"Uh, you expect me to fall for him...?"

"Like girl. He doesn't give you butterflies or skip your heart or–"

"Well, he did skip my heart a beat. But that feeling only lasted once, and it meant nothing anymore," Aein said, Jihye gasped dramatically again.

"He made your heart skip a BEAT???!! DOES THIS MEAN YOU LIKE HIM???"

"i did make it clear that i don't like him,"

"Bro, i think he's into you."

"No, he didn't,"

"What if ... he did."

"That is your 'what ifs', not real and won't happen." Aein insisted,

"What if he did? Will you open your heart and try to like him?" Jihye asked again,

Aein sighed, "Im a busy woman, Jihye. Even if he did like me, i don't have time for him."

"Awe, you never date anyone. Are you really planning to stay single, you whole life?" Jihye asked,

Aein chuckled tiredly, "Love will come at any time, but for now, im not seeking it. Even if it did come to me, maybe i will consider it if i like the person,"

"Awe, man, i wish Jake is your soulmate," Jihye added,

"Jihye, stop with Jake. i swear to God–"

"I love you, Nam Aein!! Thank you for the coffee and cookies. This is just a reminder that i'll come back again for it, " she said and left Aein's office quickly.

Aein shook her head and tched.

Then, out of the blue, Jihye words repeated on her mind as she continued checking the paperwork.

"Awe, you never date anyone. Are you really planning to stay single, you whole life?"

"Curse you, Song Jihye.." she muttered while trying to calm herself and ignore those words.

To be honest, she wants to experience lovelife too. She never dated anyone for a reason. She always receives love letters and things back in the university, as everyone tries to ask her out.

But she never pick any of them because it doesn't worth her time. She wants to fall for a man who would talk to her and she could be comfortable with. Not the one where you try to force feelings for someone who randomly gives you things and letters but never really talks in general or at least knows you.

Those crushes things they had for her are dumb (unless your crush likes you back, iykyk).

"Even if i did have feelings for Jake, it'll be impossible for him to like me." Aein sighed and continued her work.

✧˖*°࿐
honest opinion on far we are now [is it good or no] >