twenty-five

Another day, another chemo session

Where Aein would seat alone with her eyes wonder outside the window. But this time, she can't help but emotionally cries her heart out. The heavy weight on her chest, she wanted to get rid of it.

Dr Kang, who was in the room with her, can't help but silently watch her cry. She wanted to ask whether she's fine or not, but it was obvious she's not okay.

During all of the chemo session, this is the first Dr Kang saw her actually crying during the session since she knew Aein would usually cry with Jihye.

"You want to talk about it?" Dr Kang asked,

Aein turns to her and cries even more.

"I messed up." Easy as a pie, it was easily slipped out.

"Spill it out, and I'll process it."

"The person who wants to marry me finally finds out about my sickness. I was thinking about breaking off our marriage since I couldn't be a wife that he needed or a woman that would stay by his side forever. I will either leave him in sadness for years if anything happens to me.

Yet he insisted on marrying me. He confesses his love to me and convinces me how he wants this marriage to go on no matter what. He said that my sickness would not change anything, and he would not care about anyone else.

He wants me to be his wife in where soon I will leave him. But instead of accepting his convinces, i rejected him, and it's hurts me to think about it."

Aein explained.

"He really loves you then. You see how he accepts that he won't find anyone else, yet insists on making you his wife. He is someone that is hard to find, Aein-ya. You're lucky to have him. And i agreed with him. Your sickness doesn't mean you have to cancel everything."

"He sounds like he truly loves and cares about you, so please accept him because it will not only hurt you but you will also hurt him."

Aein cries. "You think so?"

"Mhm. give him a chance."

Jake, on the other hand, was crying endlessly inside Jay's office. He keeps on taking tissue and blows his nose, ranting his heart out, nonstop to Jay.

"Did I do something wrong than wanting to marry her so bad?"

"I get it she's sick, but I really love her."

"She cares about her feelings, but she doesn't think about mine for once, Jay."

"It's not like she doesn't think about yours, Jake. She is being considerate about you. She just wants you to find someone else who can stay with you longer than she can. You know it was hard for her to accept these all. She was in denial and pain as all of dreams crumble into pieces. She is trying so hard to accept her sickness and the fact she can't stay with you as her sickness is killing her inside."

"Instead of crying like a kid here, it's better if you spend your time with her. You know, to pay your busy hours where you can't be with her. She doesn't have that much time left now,

if she truly accepts her sickness, she will let fate take her. you know what that means? she'll stop depending on medicine and chemo. She won't be holding to it anymore and let the tumours inside her spread fast. Means, she'll fly as soon as possible,

So please, spend your time with her. Go on dates, take her to the movie, watch sunset or something." Jay complaints.

Jake, who was stunted, cries on his seat again. He didn't mean to be hitted with Jay like this.

"You think she really thought about my feelings?"

Jay sighed. "You dumb man. What is the purpose you scheduled your meetings, reject work proposals, and fly here as soon as possible if it's not because of her? just go to her already, don't be so pussy and stubborn. You are a man, yet you acted like a 15-years-old girl who get her heart break by some boy who she thought it was her forever."

"Dang, you're mean."

"Yeah because both of you are my bestfriends. I can't side any of you, so I supported both." Jay simply replied.

"Fine, I'll go and see her. What's her room?"

"Room 143."