outside

july 14th

july 14th

baby laid in her bed as she scrolled on pinterest. she loved pinterest because it felt like social media minus the social.

taniya sat next to baby as she had spent the night, baby and taniya were getting close and it felt good to baby. she hasn't had a close female friend in a long time. after the situation with kash they stopped speaking to her.

baby didn't wake up to sticks bothering her today, and it confused her. some days he would always want to be really close to her but other days she didn't hear from him. usually it didn't bother her but after everything with kash she was thinking.

'am i really being dumb?' she wondered as she scrolled through her inspo for her nails. as baby drowned herself in her thoughts she heard a knock at the door.

"come in" she said as she watched the door swing on its hinges and reveal amani.

"hey" she said looking at him then back at her phone

"uh uh nigga we gotta talk"

"oh shit" taniya said before running out of them room

"wassup?" baby asked as she held herself up.

"when was you gon tell me about you and sticks?" amani questioned, confusion and hurt laced in his voice

"i don't know. i don't even know if there's anything to tell you. we really haven't done anything and he be treating me like his friend, it's annoying." baby spoke up, she was getting annoyed thinking about it.

"mane this why i ain't want y'all asses involved. baby leave dat nigga wea he at. i love him but he don't do relationships"

baby felt the disappointment create a hole in her stomach. 'he don't do relationships'. but what else could she think? she thought he liked her, the way he complimented her. he paid for her things. took her shopping, but baby realized it was all apart of the game.

"we going to the strip club tonight and i bet he ain't even tell yo ass dat"

"no because he knows i wouldn't be cool with that shit" baby said as she got upset for real this time

"aye don't shoot the messenger. don't be messy either. i ain't tell you nun"

baby nodded her head and her brother left her room. after a short while taniya came back into the room and laid back on baby's bed.

"what's wrong friend?" she asked as she observed her friend with a pout.

"sticks and them going to the strip club. he ain't even tell me, that's one" she bent her finger back and her nails clicked together, "then, i haven't heard from his ass all day"

"oh he being funny. friend you too pretty for that" taniya started, "we going to a block party tonight. my brothers are hosting something but i'm warning you now it's gonna be mad mexicans"