questionable

texasaugust 20th

texas
august 20th

it was a week before baby went back to dc. she was trying to cram as much time in with manny as she could. the truth is she was scared. she had never done long distance before she didn't think she was secure in herself to not be insecure.

she knew she was beautiful but she was crazy.

when she got into relationships it seemed like she got insane. she became very clingy, controlling and emotional. no boy could ever match her crazy so she always scared them off. she was interested to know what manny was capable of. she knew there were issues to come but she wondered how he would handle them. she sat in the passenger seat of his car as she took in his side profile. he was mouthing the words to lyrics while baby laid back in the reclined seat. he insisted she take a nap after he picked her up. she stared for a bit longer before she closed her eyes.

"where are we going?" she inquired. they had been driving for some time and he didn't say much when he got in the car. she knew he probably had a lot on his mind and made a mental note to ask later.

"to my potna's place" he replied

"what's wrong lovey?" baby asked becoming worried because she's never seen her boyfriend so quiet

"my man homegirls been texting me and she bouta be here" he replied

"you haven't told him?"

"nah. if his bitch wanna be disloyal he will find out" he replied taking a sip from his cup

"but that's your friend?" baby questioned

"don't mean it's my business" he replied

"why you being mean?" baby shot

"i ain't being mean" he replied

baby just rolled her eyes before shooting the next question. "you told her you got a wife?" she asked him

"yeah bae. she won't leave me alone"

"ugh i wish you were ugly" baby said turning her body. manny laughed before he parked in front of a run down house.

"what is disss hunny" baby said as she observed the house

"now ain't the time to be spoiled you at the trap" manny said as he opened baby's door for her and helped her get out.

"what if they don't like me" baby thought for a second, "actually i don't give a fuck" she thought out loud. manny laughed at the girls silly ness before taking her in. her curly hair was freshly washed and laid flat against her head; she had on a skims set with new balences on. nobody wore new balences in texas but baby made it look good.

they entered the house and baby was immediately overtaken with the smell of weed. the smell alone plastered a mug on her face and only encouraged her urges and wants to leave. as they rounded the corner baby saw four boys with a bunch of girls in the room. she scrunched her face up noting she didn't want manny around his hoe ass homeboys.