More Than Meets The Eye -4-

Next chapter is heeeeree!!! :) Vote and share the love XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noelle was incredibly reluctant to let Autumn go and in fact, it looked like she wasn’t about to go.

“Noelle!” Autumn argued desperately. “I need to see Will! You can’t keep me away from everybody else!”

“But the moment that you’re out with Will and you get injured, I can’t help you!” Noelle exploded. “I have my best friend’s wedding to attend and everybody is forced to come for the dress rehearsal!”

Autumn shook her head. “It’s even more dangerous for me to be alone at home.”

Noelle’s mouth opened to let out an angry retort when she realised Autumn was right.

“Oh fine!” she sighed, throwing her hands into the air and spun around, heading towards the kitchen. “How old are you again?”

“Seventeen,” Autumn replied confidently. “I got my license late so dad pulled a few strings; I can drive without an adult in the daytime only.”

Noelle’s eyes widened. “Are you serious? Damn not even I was allowed!”

Autumn rolled her dark eyes and crossed her arms, Blackberry in one hand. “I can go now?”

Noelle pursed her lips in annoyance. Flinging her arm out, she snagged a set of keys from the hook by the garage door and threw it to the actress.

Autumn caught it, fumbling with it in her fingers then smiled triumphantly.

“I want you back before your driving curfew,” Noelle warned and opened up the car door to her silver Honda Accord. “And I want you unscathed! Don’t do anything stupid and –”

“Keep off the radar,” Autumn guessed, knowing Noelle’s strict rules. Sometimes it felt as though Noelle was the mother or the older sister rather than her nanny.

“No,” Noelle said flatly and plugged the key into ignition. She popped back out and pressed the large button on the garage key she and Autumn had all the time. “Stay out of trouble.”

“Called a scarf and a beanie,” Autumn sang, feeling better since two days ago. She felt a pang, her chest tightening. Why was she singing or feeling the slightest bit happy when Jenna was dead and the stupid real-life detectives weren’t doing anything to help?!

“Autumn just go before I change my mind,” Noelle sighed and revved the engine. “Go.”

Autumn didn’t need telling twice! She hopped into the elevated seat of the dark Range Rover and plugged the key into ignition. For once, Autumn was glad her car fit in with the rest of the wealthy neighbourhood’s cars.

Backing out of the driveway, Autumn turned onto the road and pressed her foot down on the accelerator.

Will waited impatiently in the outside booths of the café, shivering. His fingers were freezing cold and his ears had gone numb – but he would wait for Autumn.

“Sir, you are welcome inside,” a young lady called, popping her head outside of the heavy café doors.

Will shook his head. “I’m waiting for a friend.”

The woman frowned and opened up the doors a little more. Will sighed, feeling a gust of warm air blow into his face. “Really sir . . .”

“She’s here,” Will said quickly, spotting the black Range Rover cruising into the parking lot and swiftly parked next to his own silver Volvo X.