seven

25.05.22

Waking up after such a long night, all I wanted to do was just go back to sleep. Leah had not stopped cuddling me all night, if not for the hangover, it would have been a great few days.

My head was pounding, I looked to see if Lotte was still in bed only to see she had gone, I worried slightly knowing if she had gotten out of bed, she had seen Leah and I cuddled up together.

I hoped that she would just think it was nothing so I brushed it off and turned to face Leah. As I turned I watched as Leah's eyes slowly opened. 

"Good morning" She had a raspy morning voice that was incredibly attractive. 

Her hand was still resting on my waist. 

"Morning, Le" I replied, my voice soft in the morning.

"How's your head" Leah questioned "Mine's banging" She turned to lay on her back, covering her eyes with the hand that was just on my waist.

"So is mine, I have some tablets?" I offered, knowing full well she would take them.

As I guessed she sat up and went into my top bedside drawer, pulling out tablets and grabbing the bottle of water next to her. When she was finished she passed them to me for me to do the same.

The bedroom door opened and we were met with Caitlin, who was peering in to see if we were still asleep. After seeing we weren't she came in and laid down on the bed where Lotte once was. 

"Are they tablets?" She asked, I simply nodded and passed her the tablets and water.

"Do you know where Lotte is?" I asked, wondering if she had seen her when she left the room.

"Yeah, she's gone to her mum and dads for the day, told me to thank you for letting her stay" Lotte spent a lot of time with her family so it made sense. 

The three of us lay in bed for a little while longer before getting up and making our way to the living room.

The state of the girls in the living room was a sight to see. Steph had the blanket over her head, hiding from the light. Katie and Ruesha were cuddled into one another also hiding from the blinding light.

From what I could tell we all felt the same. 

Out of nowhere came a knock at my door, all the girls were inside and I wasn't expecting anyone so I was slightly confused but made my way over to the door. All the girl's eyes watching to see who it was. 

I opened the door and was met with a face I was not expecting.

It was Lauren.

"Oh my god, Lauren" Were the words that escaped my lips. 

There was no direction to my tone, it could be taken well, and it could be taken badly, it was just words.

"Hey! We're in London for our match against you so I thought I would come to see the place" Lauren explained "I can go if you'd like?" 

I loved Lauren, she knew everything about me and we hadn't seen each other in a long time, it was always nice to see her.

"No, come in" I opened the door for her to come into the apartment "You know most of them" I reassured her.

I looked over at Leah who had a worried expression on her face. I knew exactly why, she knew of my history with Lauren, and she also knows that the last time anything happened between us was only this last Christmas. 

But ever since meeting Leah, I didn't want that relationship with Lauren anymore. I only wanted friendship. 

We all sat down on the sofa and I made a special effort to sit next to Leah, when I did this I saw a look of relief on her face.