3. Family Problems

The next day...
10 a.m.

Quans POV:

"Raquan McMillan, you and your family can come in now" the receptionist said as she guided him, his mom and his twin brother keem into an office.

"Please have a seat. Your lawyer will be right with you"

As they all sat down and waited, quan nervously bit the skin off his lip and looked around.

"Relax son everything will be fine" his mom said as she patted his arm.

After about 6 minutes the lawyer rushed into the room.

"Welcome, how is everyone today? How are you today Raquan?"

"I'm good"

"Good. I'm sorry for being late to our meeting today, my daughter is in the office interning and needed my help with something. Anyway I see we are here today to talk about.. (he looked in the folder) getting rights to your unborn child. Is that correct?" he said as he flipped through papers in the file.

"Yes. I want to make sure I get rights to my son RJ"

"So tell me a little bit more about RJ and your child's mom. Why do you want to get rights at this specific moment and not when he's born?"

"Well my baby moms name is Alexis and I feel like she playing with my son life. She dating another guy who also a rapper and out in the streets. I'm not saying she not fit to be a mother but it's like... Ma how can I put this?"

He looked over at his mom who looked over at him and then the lawyer.

"She's spiteful and sneaky. She does whatever she feels like and is constantly putting the baby in danger. I feel as if she's going to keep baby RJ away from my son so she can go play family with her pale, bad ass, messy haired little boyfriend"

"And who is this rapper you both speak of?" The lawyer asked.

"Kay flock dumb ass" keem said as he leaned back into his chair.

"Hmmm" the lawyer said as he thought about who he was. "Let me look on my computer and see if I can find some information on Mr. Flock"

As they waited for the lawyer to find information, Quan looked over towards the door and seen a girls hair next to the doorway as if they were hiding behind the wall.

"Can I close the door?" Quan asked.

"Yes go ahead" the lawyer said.

As quan walked to the door, Tyasia moved away quickly and walked down the hall. Luckily quan didn't see her face and was only able to see the back of her hair.

"Who's your daughter?" Quan asked the lawyer as he sat back down.

"Excuse me?" The lawyer said as he looked up from his computer.

"Who's your daughter?" What's her name?"

"Tyasia James"

Quan nodded and thought about the name before sitting back down.

"Found him! Looks like Mr.Flock has had a few run ins with the law and we can easily use this information for a case as to why your son should not be in the home but first in order to get any rights to your unborn son, we need to establish paternity"

"So that means lexy is going to have to agree to taking the test so we can get DNA from the baby?" Quan asked.

"Unfortunately, yes"

Quan looked at his mom and keem.

"You think she gone do it?"

"Force her ass" keem mumbled.