Chapter 9: Baby RJ

Starting off the book with " Happy Birthday Kay"! He's finally out of his teens!! 🥳🎂

Okay now back to the book...

Quan showed up to the hospital on time for the birth of baby RJ, bruised up and all which made the hospital staff interrogate him, curious on where all the bruises came from

Quan showed up to the hospital on time for the birth of baby RJ, bruised up and all which made the hospital staff interrogate him, curious on where all the bruises came from. Of course he didn't tell them the truth and instead told them he had fell of his bike earlier that day and hadn't have a chance to clean himself off. Fortanetly, the staff was nice enough supply him with a few disposable wipes to clean the dirt from off his clothes before entering the room and meeting the new baby.

8:05 a.m.
The next morning...

Lexy took a bite of cereal while watching reruns of the House of Payne.

"Quan are you okay? It's been a couple of hours since RJ was born and your still not talking to me ... have you even went to sleep yet? Are you hungry? I can order door dash for you."

"Do it look like I went to sleep? And do it look im hungry?" he mumbled from a chair next to the window while holding RJ on his chest with one hand and using his phone with the other.

RJ was quans twin. Same eyes, same lips, same nose and all. He was so tiny compared to quan and barely cries unless he's hungry (which is a true blessing). He was overall a good baby and for sure a daddy's boy already since quan refuses to let anyone hold him other than himself. Tbh it made lexy a little jealous that both of her kids prefer their fathers over her and both look exactly like them too.

The nurse suddenly came in, making them both stop talking and turn their attention towards her.

"Alexis there's one more paper you need to sign and then you're both free to leave with your brand new baby. Congratulations to the both of you again"

"Good looks" Quan said.

Lexy rolled her eyes because he could of just said thank you and left the hood slang at the door.

She took one last bite of her cereal, then hurried and signed the paper without even reading it and gave it back to the nurse. She was so ready to leave the hospital despite not being there long that she didn't care what she had to do to leave .

"Thank you for being such a big help nurse Mandy"

"Your welcome, I'll be right back to make copies and put this into the computer"

As the nurse left the room, lexy looked back over at Quan.

"I'm sorry about everything last night. I should have just let you leave when you had the chance. I didn't know kay was going to come out and act as crazy as he did"

"I can understand you not expecting him to come out but why you ain't try stop your baby daddy and all his niggas from fighting me?! You got me out here looking goofy as hell, like niggas really lost a fight"