Chapter 22: The shootout in the town of Lestos

Tensions between the Shadows and the kingdom of Saka continued to simmer after the discovery of Saka's treachery. The Shadows had remained vigilant, watching for any signs of further betrayal or aggression from Saka.

One day, a group of Shadow agents was passing through the small town of Lestos, on their way back from a mission. As they were leaving the town, they were suddenly ambushed by a group of Sakan soldiers.

The Shadows fought back, but the Sakan soldiers were well-armed and well-prepared. A fierce shootout erupted, with bullets flying and buildings collapsing around them.

The townspeople of Lestos were caught in the middle of the conflict, scrambling for cover and praying for the violence to end. The Shadows were outnumbered and outgunned, but they fought with all their might, determined to protect themselves and the innocent civilians caught in the crossfire.

After a long and bloody battle, the Shadows emerged victorious, but not without heavy losses. Several of their agents had been wounded, and one had been killed in action.

The council of kings was outraged by the attack and demanded answers from the Sakan kingdom. King Rokar denied any knowledge of the ambush, claiming that it must have been the work of rogue soldiers acting without his orders.

The Shadows, however, were skeptical of this explanation. They believed that Saka was behind the attack, and that King Rokar was simply trying to cover his tracks.

The shootout in Lestos had only deepened the mistrust and animosity between the Shadows and Saka. The council of kings decided to impose even stricter sanctions on Saka, and the Shadows vowed to remain evervigilant, ready to defend Hagarzia from any and all threats