Chapter 38: Selena and the Strategists

Selena, the mysterious woman who had surrendered to the Shadows, revealed her identity to the Strategist. She was a spy sent by King Rokar to infiltrate the Shadows and gather information on their military capabilities.

But as she spent more time with the Shadows, Selena realized that they were not the monsters she had been led to believe. Instead, she saw that they were fighting for the same thing as her own people - peace and stability in Hagarzia.

The Strategist was initially suspicious of Selena but was gradually won over by her sincerity and her desire to make amends for her past actions. He found himself drawn to her and soon they began a secret relationship.

As they worked together to coordinate the defense against Saka, Selena proved to be an invaluable asset to the Shadows. Her knowledge of Saka's military strategies and weaknesses helped the Shadows win several key battles, turning the tide of the war in their favor.

With the Shadows and their allies pushing back against Saka, King Rokar began to panic. He knew that his defeat was imminent and that his kingdom would be destroyed. In a desperate attempt to salvage his rule, he sent an envoy to the Shadows, offering to negotiate a peace settlement.

The Shadows were skeptical but the Strategist saw an opportunity to end the war once and for all. He agreed to meet with King Rokar's envoy and together, they negotiated a peace treaty that ended the conflict between the Shadows and Saka.

As the war came to an end, the Strategist and Selena were forced to part ways. But they promised to meet again and pursue their relationship in the future, when the dust of the war had settled. For now, they were content to have played their parts in bringing peace to Hagarzia.