Prologue (1)

It was a normal day. She woke up, ate breakfast, and then had my parents drop me off at school before saying goodbye. She rushed to meet my friends before walking in and greeting the teachers. For the rest of the day, it went by fast, then her mom drove her home.

That night, after eating dinner, her father went on about his work. Well, the mother and father both worked at an office, but her mom often got off work earlier. She watched her mom wash the dishes, but her eyes lit up when she brought Mochi out. As she ate them, her father patted her head.

The next morning, when she woke up, the walls, which were supposed to be white, were tan, and the place looked rundown compared to her room. She instantly froze up, clutching the blankets, frightened by the situation.

Some women came in and turned the lights on, telling her she had to get ready for school. Being overwhelmed, she started crying, and the women just stared at her with disgust, not even comforting her. Eventually she stopped once she calmed down, but when she looked in the mirror, she still looked the same, but now her eyes looked puffy. As she rubbed them, she couldn't help but think the worst. The women had left a uniform; it looked similar to hers but had a darker blue color.