Chapter 5

Jungkook leaned back after taking a large sip of the beer as he let his friends' laughter go in and out his ears.

"You sure you can do that?" Jimin asked. "I mean, it's literally less than two weeks for your birthday."

How hard could it be to find someone who'd be willing to marry him in less than two weeks? He was certain that it wouldn't be too hard. It might sound like a brag if he said it out loud, but it was for a fact that if he'd just put up his face out there and announce that he was looking for a spouse, undoubtedly, in one day, he could have at least one long line of people willing to give it a shot.

The problem now was, Jungkook was picky. He didn't think he'd be able to choose one perfect candidate out of all those people in one day. Though he'd convinced himself that this whole thing would be just on paper just so he could avoid having his name dropped out of the will, Jungkook knew that chemistry was needed so they could pretend in front of their families.

Yet, despite his inner concern, he just shrugged his shoulders and acted that it didn't bother him.

"Why don't you just give the girl you had a blind date with a call?" Taehyung asked. "I mean, you have less than two weeks before your family disowns you."

"You mean the girl who was supposed to be your date?" Jungkook pushed his tongue against his cheek. "Were you even listening to me? Why are you even here?"

Taehyung raised a brow as he turned to Jimin and the latter laughed.

"It's the same girl his parents want him to marry," Jimin explained.

"Oh... okay? And?" Taehyung questioned with a tilt of his head.

"And they can't stand each other's guts."

"Come up with some agreement then," Taehyung suggested.

Jungkook sighed out loud, his mind reeling back to weeks ago, the night where he tried to make a deal with her. They didn't even know each other that much, met only once before that and she had tried to make him agree with having equal shares of what he'd inherit. While her argument seemed pretty valid to request such a thing, Jungkook still thought that it was too much. If that simple agreement that they tried to make had already failed, he was convinced that they would never agree on anything.

And as far as he'd witnessed from his own parents, though they did not exactly have a loving relationship anymore, they had mutual understandings and they could easily come up with an agreement. That was how a relationship should work. But with Park Chaeyoung, where even the tiniest thing could be a disagreement, Jungkook doubted that any type of relationship would work. Be it a business relationship or one that would involve feelings.

Feelings? Why was he thinking of a relationship that would involve feelings? If a relationship had to be formed between them, there was no way feelings would even exist. She seemed to hate him every time he breathed. And he couldn't stand her attitude.

Jungkook groaned out loud, shutting his eyes close as he counted the days to his birthday and tried to come up with a solid plan on how to secure the wealth without involving Park Chaeyoung.

*

Chaeyoung was on her way to her car when she received a call from her mother, asking her to come over because she wanted to discuss something. With a big sigh, Chaeyoung stared into the space before pulling out of the parking space. She knew that the discussion was going to be about their conversation a day after the dinner with Jungkook and his family.

"You left so early last night," her father stated. "Everything okay?"

Chaeyoung inhaled softly, the food on the plate suddenly reminded her of her dinner with Jungkook. She gripped the fork and stabbed the food with gritted teeth as she recalled last night. Was everything okay? No, nothing was okay at all.