Chapter 29

Jungkook drove back to the house after getting his car back from Seokjin's place. Turned out it was more than just a battery problem, but luckily it was all fixed thanks to Seokjin. It was very early in the morning when Seokjin picked him up, and Chaeyoung was still asleep when he left the house.

When he opened the door, he heard hurried footsteps rushing down the stairs before his fiancée appeared with a heavy frown on her face. "Where were you?"

"I went to pick the car at Seokjin's place," he said while taking off his shoes. "Why?"

Chaeyoung crossed her arms over her chest and blew her hair off her face. "Couldn't you at least wake me up?"

"I'd feel bad," he said, approaching her. Jungkook brushed the back of his fingers against her cheek. "You were in a deep sleep so I didn't wake you up."

Chaeyoung's eyes didn't leave his as her mouth fell open. "I was in a deep sleep?" she gasped and pushed her fist against his chest. "You should have woken me up! What if something or someone—"

"I locked the door when I left," he assured her. "There's no monster. No ghosts. No weird creepy creatures."

"Oh..." her eyebrows raised. "Of course. The door's locked. No one or nothing could get in without a key," she murmured and Jungkook nodded his head with a smile before the smile dropped when her round eyes turned sharp as she glared at him.

"No one could get in if they didn't notice the broken window! Which is conveniently just right beside the door. Do you want me to remind you how you got into the house without the key?"

Jungkook shut his eyes and sighed. He had completely forgotten about the broken window.

"I could've gotten killed in my sleep!"

He inhaled deeply, feeling frustrated at himself how that had slipped from his mind. "That won't happen."

"Oh what do you know?" she scoffed. "That could happen."

"Stop saying that," he grumbled.

"I was sleeping naked, too," she shivered, hugging her body.

Just thinking that she was right and that someone else could run into her sleeping naked on his bed slowly filled Jungkook up with rage for that unknown stranger.

"I'll have it fixed, okay?"

Chaeyoung pouted. "Soon?"

"Soon," he promised with a nod. "By today. I can even go back to the town now."

He tried not to let a smile form on his face as she continued to pout while she stared at him as if she was trying to see if he was being serious or not.

"Now? I'm going with you. You can't just leave me here all alone with that broken window."

It was only when she turned around and began to walk away that Jungkook realized how she was only wearing her thin, transparent nightgown.

"Where are you going?"

Chaeyoung turned to him. "Shower." She pointed at him threateningly. "Don't leave. Do you understand?"

Jungkook didn't realize that he had only been staring at her body without blinking his eyes until Chaeyoung snapped her fingers and called him.

"My eyes are up here, Mr. Jeon."

He finally brought his eyes up to hers. "What?"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at him. "We'll go together after I shower."