[M]Chapter 26

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 AND/OR CANNOT READ ADULT-THEMED CONTENT

✕★✕ —— ✕★✕ —— ✕★✕ —— ✕★✕

Chaeyoung held back her gasp when he held her waist with both hands before turning her around to face him.

Jungkook's gaze traveled from her face down to her feet. When he looked back into her eyes, he gently pulled her closer by her waist and spoke in a deeper voice. "Take it off."

She held her breath for a second as her stomach knotted. Despite how cold it was supposed to feel within the house due to the heavy rain, Chaeyoung felt hot as heat spread through her entire body. The dark look in his eyes told her everything she needed to know, and all she wanted was to just give in to the desire that existed within the two of them.

She believed that the relationship that they shared bloomed partly because of their disagreements and arguments. Neither got what they wanted without a little bit of effort to earn it. So, instead of immediately doing what he asked her to do, after calming her racing heart, she displayed a teasing smile at him and slightly lifted her chin.

"I thought you said you're fine with me wearing this?"

"I did," he nodded and licked his lips, "and I am."

She tilted her head. "But?"

Jungkook's grip on his sweater that she was wearing tightened. "But you look better without it."

Chaeyoung bit the bottom of her lip and smiled. "Should I take it off?" she asked, her voice low and teasing. She almost pulled him into a kiss when he silently nodded as his eyes were locked onto her lips. Chaeyoung ran her hand down her body, her fingers slowly gathering the huge sweater that fell just a few inches under her bum until she caught the hem of the sweater. She pulled it up for one second, then stopped.

"Now that won't be fair, will it?" she asked, dropping back the hem of the sweater. Jungkook looked at her with confused brows. Chaeyoung placed one finger at the center of his chest before she let it slowly crawl down to his abdomen.

"I'm all about equality, Mr. Jeon. Have you forgotten?" She took her finger off him and raised a brow. "You take off yours, and I'll take off mine."

Jungkook inhaled long before he took one small step backward. Then, he reached for the neck of his sweater at the back of his neck and within a few seconds, the sweater was off, revealing his well-defined abs that she had not-so-secretly marveled earlier. Chaeyoung tried not to stare, and every single time she tried, she failed as her gaze kept flicking away from his face toward those muscles on his chest, abdomen and even his biceps.

When she finally looked at him, there was a smirk hanging off his face and she wanted to laugh at herself.

Jungkook nodded his head toward her. "Took off mine. Now it's your turn."

Chaeyoung shrugged but despite her own need to feel like this was urgent, she took her time to take the sweater off her. As she was dropping the sweater to the floor, she could hear Jungkook taking another deep breath as he stepped closer. Her eyes downcast, her cheeks warming at the sight of her own nipples poking through the thin nightgown. The moment Jungkook's hands found her waist and his thumbs rubbing her up and down over the nightgown, she realized that there was a blooming ache in her core.

Jungkook grazed the skin of her exposed neck and shoulder. The way his breathing turned irregular at every inch that he touched her sent a smile onto her face. Chaeyoung's teeth sank down her lip as she began to lightly graze the back of his hand that was still holding her waist and slowly, she brought her fingers up his forearm. When she reached his muscled bicep, Chaeyoung rubbed circles on his skin before slowly placing her other hand onto his exposed chest. When she averted her attention back to him, Jungkook's gaze grew darker and he pressed his forehead against hers, his hand going to the back of her neck.