Chapter 12

"Thanks, but I'll pass," Chaeyoung said to her colleagues when they invited her to get lunch together. "This needs to be done ASAP."

While she was rushing to finish her task that was requested last minute by her boss, her phone buzzed on the desk and she briefly glanced at it. She did a double take when she realized that it was Jungkook who had sent her a text.

Annoying Jeon: have u had ur lunch?

Chaeyoung looked away, deciding to reply to him later once she was done when he sent more texts.

Annoying Jeon: my mom sent some food

Annoying Jeon: come over to my office

She predicted it would take at least half an hour to finish what was left to do, but her typing sped up and it took her less than 20 minutes to complete her task before she rushed out of her office and jumped into her car.

Just a few days before was supposed to be the day that she would have her first monthly dinner with Jungkook and his parents at his family's residence, but something came up and his parents apologized that they had to cancel it. A day after the cancellation of that monthly dinner, Jungkook had delivered his mom's food to her house and she had enjoyed them more than she thought she would. She didn't think she'd fall in love with another woman's cooking, because her mom was a great cook. But the food Jungkook's mom prepared for her was so amazing that even her mom acknowledged it.

When Chaeyoung arrived at his workplace, she hesitated because that would be her first time going into his office and eating lunch with him there. The last time she went there was to drop the birthday gift for him.

"Hi, I'd like to see Mr. Jeon," she said to the receptionist who recognized her and gave her a warm smile. "He's in his office, right?"

"Yes, he is," the receptionist confirmed with a nod. "His office would be—"

"Mr. Jeon is currently busy." A voice interrupted the receptionist and Chaeyoung turned to see a woman standing just a few steps away from her.

She was almost as tall as Chaeyoung with the stilettos, her long honey thighs meeting as she crossed her ankles. Chaeyoung was almost in awe if not for the way the woman was looking at her as though she didn't deserve to even step into the building, as though not even an inch of the floor should be touched by Chaeyoung.

"Oh..." Chaeyoung furrowed her brows. "Isn't it lunch break now?"

"Well, Mr. Jeon is a busy man," the woman said and Chaeyoung glanced at the nametag on the woman's chest, noticing 'Han' written on it. "Do you have an appointment?"

"He asked me to come—"

"Did she make an appointment?" Ms. Han turned to the receptionist.

The receptionist obviously didn't know how to deal with the situation, and the fear in her eyes switched the pity mode in Chaeyoung. "No, I didn't make an appointment," she answered for the receptionist.

Ms. Han gave her an empty smile. "If you need to see him, please make an appointment beforehand."

Chaeyoung opened her mouth to reply but Ms. Han cut her chance.

"And if you need to make an appointment, lunch break is not it."

A laughter almost erupted from her at how ridiculous this situation was and how she was treated by this woman. Chaeyoung was starving, and being misunderstood while her stomach was rumbling was only going to cause her to lose her patience. She already had a rough day, and she wasn't going to stay to make it worse.