Chapter 28

a/n: mentioned names are fictional

After taking a shower and changing into Jungkook's sweater, Chaeyoung walked back downstairs and took a look around the house. The house definitely didn't feel like it was an abandoned house, though in truth, it was never abandoned. Rather, no one lived there anymore and Seokjin said that he only came by to check the house from time to time. That explained why everything was clean and tidy, like it was never left in the beginning.

Despite Seokjin only coming once every two weeks, the kitchen still looked clean minus a little dust. When she opened the fridge, she almost chuckled at herself for even hoping that there would be some food inside. She had to remind herself that Seokjin didn't live there, and he only came by to clean it. Food would go to waste in an empty house.

Chaeyoung turned around and a few frames above the fireplace caught her attention. Slowly, she walked over and looked at the pictures one by one. One frame had a black and white photograph of a bride and a groom. The one on its left was of a family— parents and their two daughters. There were two more wedding pictures of different couples, and one of them looked somewhat familiar. Chaeyoung turned her attention to another photograph, just right in front of the first wedding photo she saw. It was a picture of an older couple with two boys. Her eyes zoomed in on the younger boy between the two, trying to pinpoint where she had seen him before when a pair of hands slid around her waist.

Chaeyoung gasped out loud and turned around quickly, finding Jungkook looking at her confusedly.

"Don't you sneak up on me like that," she whined, slapping his chest and causing him to chuckle.

"Why are you jumpy?"

She scoffed playfully at him. "Oh, am I not supposed to? I guess getting ambushed in the middle of some foreplay shouldn't have made me so jumpy."

Jungkook pulled her into him and rubbed a small circle at her hip. "I'm sorry about that. I'll gouge his eyes if I find out he's lying."

"He heard us."

"Maybe he should go deaf too."

Chaeyoung laughed. "It doesn't matter if he goes deaf now, it's already in his memories."

"Then I should erase his memories."

"Oh my gosh, stop," she laughed harder. "I don't want you to go to jail yet. We're not yet married, I don't want to risk losing my share."

Chaeyoung couldn't control her laughter when Jungkook began to tickle her sides and she was almost out of breath when he finally stopped, landing her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her again and a soft smile decorated her face when they were swaying together gently. Her eyes glanced back toward the photographs she was looking at earlier.

"When are you going to tell me about all this?" she asked softly and the swaying stopped. She pulled her head back and tilted her head at him, waiting for an answer as she rubbed her palm up and down his chest. "About this house, who these people in the photos are, why this little boy with the roundest eyes looks so similar to you... Or maybe you can start with the identity of the handsome man."

Jungkook grinned. "This handsome man is your fiancé, future Mrs. Jeon."

Her heart swelled upon hearing 'Mrs. Jeon'. She bit her bottom lip hard as she tried to control the smile that was threatening to spread on her face as her cheeks slowly picked up the heat. For some unknown reason, she couldn't believe that their wedding wouldn't be tomorrow. Couldn't it be soon?

Chaeyoung snorted at him. "I was talking about Seokjin."

And just like that, the smile on Jungkook's face vanished. "Seokjin? Handsome?"