Chapter 15

Chaeyoung sat in her car, looking at her phone as her thumb hovered over Jungkook's name. She had gone to his office, being greeted with a smile by the receptionist but the smile soon faltered when Chaeyoung informed that she wanted to see Jungkook.

"Mr. Jeon is not in his office, Ms. Park," the receptionist said.

She had thought that it was just a different form of excuse or a way to make her ask to make an appointment to see Jungkook in his office. She didn't hesitate telling the receptionist she would make an appointment right there and then. The receptionist waved her hand with a soft chuckle.

"He didn't come in today." The receptionist gave her an apologetic smile. Then a man around Jungkook's age walked past and stopped when he saw her. The receptionist asked the man, whose name was Yugyeom, if Jungkook came to work and Yugyeom confirmed that Jungkook indeed wasn't at work.

"He canceled every schedule today, too," Yugyeom said.

Is he okay?

Apart from the bruises and cuts, Jungkook looked fine when her family's physician left her home last night. She had called for the family's physician since Jungkook was too stubborn to go to the hospital. He seemed to be just fine when his friend Jimin came to fetch him too. Was he injured at other places she didn't know of?

Chaeyoung took a few moments to decide if she'd ask for Jennie's help. She never knew where Jungkook lived, he'd never mentioned it to her nor brought her there before, and perhaps Jennie could get his address from Taehyung. Chaeyoung eventually decided to skip Jennie because she didn't think she wanted Jennie to splash her with questions as to why she had no idea where her own fiancé lived.

The only ones who knew that their engagement was actually an arranged one were their family. She bit her lip as she texted one person she knew would happily tell her where he lived without asking the unnecessary question. Not even a minute passed, a small smile curved her lips when Jungkook's mother replied to her.

*

Jungkook spent the midnight glued to his computer, letting his fingers work to dig up the information about the two assholes right after Jimin dropped him home with a flash drive containing a copy of the CCTV recordings of the club. Thanks to Jimin's friendliness and persuasion talent that earned him friends from the club's management, the fighting clips were wiped off, replaced with different clips instead. Taehyung's connection with the police enabled him to bury any reports made against any of them regarding that incident.

It didn't take long for him to acquire the information he needed on the men, seeing as how they were dumb enough to leave traces everywhere. After skimming through the documents filled with every piece of information there was, from their basic personal data to the illegal activities they were involved in that would cost their careers, family and friends if exposed, Jungkook sent the documents to his most trusted acquaintance to do the job.

If it hadn't been for Chaeyoung's worried face roaming around his head, Jungkook would probably opt for different types of threat to teach them a lesson. They should be considered lucky that the furthest he'd go was to blackmail them with that information.

Jungkook was not proud of his morally incorrect actions to blackmail people with the information that he himself obtained illegally. But he didn't trust the law to give justice to Chaeyoung after what happened. That was not the first time something like that happened in the club, and with how many cases were swept under the rug even after reports were made, Jungkook figured that it'd be better if he took care of the situation without the need to involve the damn law that the country had.

Jungkook lightly hissed when he accidentally used his injured hand again to uncap a bottle, cursing as he realized now that the adrenaline had died down, he could feel the pain in his hand. It didn't help that it was his dominant hand that was injured, so it was going to take some time to get used to his other hand for some tasks, even the basic ones.