Chapter 13

Chaeyoung paused the show she was watching when her phone rang.

"Yes, darling," Chaeyoung chuckled. "What can I help you with today? Or," she paused briefly to see the window. "Tonight?" she smirked.

No response and her smirk slowly brushed off her face, her brows furrowed. "Jennie?" She heard a sniff and she immediately sat up, putting away her popcorn. "Aw, are you crying?"

"No," Jennie replied, then, "Yes." Jennie cried over the phone, gibberish things came out of her mouth layered with her cry.

Chaeyoung waited until her friend calmed down before she asked, "I love you, Jennie but I don't understand a word you said. Can you repeat?"

Jennie somehow managed to laugh but cried a little next. A moment later she began to speak, explaining to Chaeyoung why she'd been upset. Apparently, she had a first fight with her boyfriend and stormed out of his house in anger when she'd accidentally seen a text message from a woman, who was his ex-girlfriend.

"It's not the fact that he's still in contact with his ex that pissed me off," Jennie sniffled. "They're still in contact and the question that she asked him in the text was; 'Are we still going out on the date this weekend?'"

"Oh my gosh!" Chaeyoung gasped. "Are you saying that they're seeing each other behind your back?"

"That's what it looks like." Jennie yelled into her pillow, she assumed, as how muffled her scream was. "Chaeng, I can't do this. I need to go out. I spent the whole day crying. I want to release some stress."

"Okay, okay," Chaeyoung nodded though her friend couldn't see. "What do you want to do? Where do you want to go? Do you want to go for a drive? Tteokbokki and soju at our favorite place?"

"No, that's not enough." Jennie was muttering to herself for a few seconds and Chaeyoung waited. "My friend's going to this party at the club we went to last month. I'm going and I need you to come with me. Please?"

Clubbing on a Sunday night? Would Chaeyoung say no to that? Obviously not.

"Got you, girl!" she excitedly pointed to nothing as if Jennie was in front of her.

*

Jungkook and Jimin were laughing as Jimin's character in the game that they were playing, by some miracle, won over Jungkook again. They had been playing for hours at Jimin's place while Taehyung was spending his time glued to his phone.

"Motherfucker."

"Whoa," Jungkook chuckled. "No need to get emotional."

Jimin laughed harder. "If someone has to get emotional, it's gotta be Jungkook here. He's about to lose five times in a row. Let me mark this special date."

Taehyung got up from the couch. "You two get up. Enough with the game. We have somewhere to go."

"We barely started," Jungkook grumbled.

Jimin turned to check the time. "We played for over five hours, but yeah, we barely started. Jungkook is on his losing streak, which is a rare occasion, so allow me to enjoy this win."

"No, you can continue that on any other day. Come on, now. I need you guys as backups."

"Backups?"

Taehyung groaned before he zoomed in on something on his phone and showed it to both Jungkook and Jimin. "My angry girlfriend is in some club and she's hanging out with these dudes."

Jimin let out a long sigh. "And what do you want us to do about it?"

"Be my backup. In case I lose my shit." Taehyung zoomed in on one of the men. "These guys are huge. Jungkook, you be my bodyguard. Jimin, you calm me down whenever you notice I'm about to go insane."