Chapter 14

TW: SA (non-consensual sexual contact)

Chaeyoung knew Jungkook was watching her while she was dancing, and while this guy who was dancing with her seemed fun, she briefly hoped that Jungkook would actually leave his seat and join in the fun. What was he doing sitting there, drinking and watching? She doubted that was his way to have fun in the club like that.

Jennie had fed Chaeyoung with the knowledge she gained from her boyfriend, Taehyung, that Jungkook was an introvert and that was probably one of the reasons why he was at the bar instead of dancing with her. But Jennie also mentioned to her that Jungkook knew how to have fun when he was with his people.

Chaeyoung turned her back on him, laughing and focusing on the man dancing with her, trying to get rid of the realization that she was not one of his people and that was why he chose to sit and talk to another woman instead of dancing with her.

Her movement stopped when she felt the hands on her waist slowly crawl downward, and Chaeyoung immediately pushed the man's hands off her.

The man's eyebrows shot up with a smirk tugging at his lips. "What's wrong, babe?"

The smile that she had from earlier completely vanished as she stepped back while the man was slowly moving toward her, his hands trying to hold her. "I— I'm thirsty, I'm gonna—" She gasped when the man grabbed her waist and pulled her toward him in a jerk. She pushed his chest roughly. "Don't touch me."

The man laughed boisterously. "Come on, loosen up."

Chaeyoung quickly stepped backward, her hand in the air, warning him not to come forward before she stumbled, accidentally stepping on someone's foot from behind her. Two strong hands caught her and when she turned her head around, she was horrified to see it was another stranger, smiling down at her creepily.

"Watch where you're going or I'm gonna have to take you with me."

"Don't touch me."

She clawed at the man's hands on her, forcing him to loosen his hold on her. Chaeyoung panicked when she couldn't see any of her friends around her as the two men were blocking her way and closing in on her. While she was trying to find an escape route, facing the huge man who held her earlier, she felt her scream stuck in her throat when a hand grabbed her ass from the back.

She whipped her head quickly, only to see the man she was dancing with earlier cackling before the next second, a quick shadow passed and the man was on the floor holding his jaw.

Chaeyoung gasped and so did everyone else around them before she realized that Jungkook was standing right in front of her, his back facing her as he looked down at the man on the floor.

"What the fuck?!" The man gritted his teeth as he rubbed his jaw.

The crowd cleared at the same time the man took a pocket knife, aiming at Jungkook from where he was lying on the floor. He tried to get up from the floor but Jungkook was quick to step onto his wrist, causing him to let out a yelp of pain as the knife pathetically slipped off his hold.

"How would you like to get paralyzed?" Jungkook asked, seething as he put more weight onto his foot. "Slowly? Quickly? Make a smart choice."

"Son of a— bitch!" the man yelled.

"When I asked," Jungkook punched him in the mouth. "You answer the damn question." He punched the man again. "And that's for disrespecting my mother."

The man tried to fling his free arm toward Jungkook but it was to no avail. "Help!" he yelled.