Chapter 11: Working with Khan? (Part 1)

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek

Chapter 11: Working with Khan? (Part 1)

Leila's POV

When we arrived at the bridge the 3 of us each went to our individual stations.

"What's the ETA on the incoming ship?" Jim asked.

"3 seconds" Sulu replied.

"Put up the shields" Jim ordered and Sulu did just a split second before the unknown ship appeared out of warp. The ship was much much larger than our own and was a design that none of us had seen before. A message popped up on my screen and I immediately knew what it was.

"They're hailing us Jim"

"Put it on the screen and broadcast ship wide for the record" he replied.

I flipped the switch and Admiral Marcus appeared.

"Captain Kirk"

"Admiral Marcus, I wasn't expecting you. That's a hell of a ship you got there"

"And I wasn't expecting to get word that you had taken Harrison into custody in violation of your orders"

"Well we had to improvise when our Warp-core malfunctioned but you already knew that didn't you Sir"

"I don't take your meaning"

"Well that's why your here isn't it? To assist with our repairs, why else would the head of Starfleet personally come to the edge of the neutral zone?"

"Captain they're scanning our ship" Sulu informed us.

"Something I can help you find Admiral?"Jim asked.

"Where is your prisoner Kirk?"

"Per Starfleet regulation I am planning on returning Khan to Earth to stand trial"

"Well shit, you talked to him. Exactly what I was trying to protect you from. I took a tactical risk when I woke that bastard up hoping that his superior intellect could help us protect ourselves from whatever happens next but I made a mistake and now the blood of everyone he's killed is on my hands so I'm asking you, give him to me so that I can end what I started"

"And what exactly would you like me to do with the rest of his crew? Fire them at the Kligons, end 72 lives. Start a war in the prosess"

"He put those people in those torpedoes and I simply didn't want to burden you with knowing what was inside them. You saw what this man did himself could you imagine what would happen if we woke up the rest of his crew? What else did he tell you, that he's a peace keeper? He's playing you son can't you see that? Khan and his crew were condemned to death as war criminals and know it is our duty to carry out that sentence before anybody else dies because of him. Now I'm going to ask you again son one last time, lower your shields and tell me where he is"

"He's in engineering but I'll have him moved to the transporter room right away" Jim replied before signalling for me to cut the connection.

"What are you up to Jim?" I asked him and Spock and I walked over.

"Do not drop those shields Mr Sulu" he ordered.

"Captain given your knowledge of Khan's true location in the Med Bay may I know the details of your plan?" Spock asked.

"I told Marcus that we were bringing a fugitive back to Earth and that's what we're doing" Jim replied, "Mr Chekov can we go to warp?"

 "Sir if he go to warp we run the risk of seriously damaging the core"