Birthday

Alya walked around Marinette's room with Tikki, gathering their things for school. She had gotten up early to make sure all of their stuff would be ready so that they wouldn't end up late. She gave Tikki a cookie then climbed up Marinette's ladder and shook her awake.

"Marinette wake up. We're going to end up late." Alya whispered shaking her gently.

Marinette groaned pulling the blanket up over her face to block out the sun that was shining in through her window. "I don't feel like going today." She rasped.

Alya paused in her actions. She had not expected Marinette's voice to come out sounding that raspy. She continued. "You have to girl. Plus don't you want to give Adrien his birthday present?"

Marinette sat up, her bed head going every which direction. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes shooting Alya an annoyed glare. Tikki giggled. "Fine."

"I have a plate of breakfast by your computer, and your school stuff is already packed ready to go." Alya said climbing down the ladder. "Also I'm going to get you a bit of honey to eat. The crying from yesterday did a number on your throat."

Marinette watched Alya head out of the room with Tikki following her. Although Alya could sometimes be a little pushy, she was definitely grateful for her best friend for helping her get through all her highs and lows.

The two made it to school on time, and sat down at their table. Mrs. Bustier walked into the class with a huge smiled plastered onto her face, papers in hand. "Good morning class! As you know we have a reading test today, so I hope you studied."

Marinette groaned slamming her head down onto the table. Adrien and Nino turned around to see what was going on. "Woah dude what happened to her?" Nino asked.

Alya smiled sadly. "She's...just having a rough day." She replied running her hand through Marinette's hair. Marinette turned to face her and shot her a slight smile at the comforting gesture.

"Oh we're sorry. Is there anything we can do to help?" Adrien asked.

"To be honest I don't know." Alya said.

Marinette suddenly sat up, and reached inside her backpack for something. She pulled out a nicely wrapped box with Adrien's name on it and handed it to him. "Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thanks Marinette!" Adrien beamed. "I'll open it after school okay?"

The school day went by painfully slow, but it was finally over. Alya walked down the stairs, Marinette at her side. "I'm going to sleep over again today, alright? But I have things to do with Nino today. Will you be okay?"

Marinette smiled. "Yeah don't worry."

Alya gave her a hug then left with Nino. Adrien approached her with his gift in hand. "I wonder what it is."

"You have to open it to see silly."

Adrien carefully unwrapped the gift and inside was a brand new jacket. It was mainly black with some green stitching and was soft on the inside. He stared at it astounded. "You made this?"

"Um...yes?"

"It's amazing! It even has some of my favorite colors."Adrien smiled. He gave Marinette a hug. "Thank you."

He noticed that Marinette still didn't seem as energetic as she usually was. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you going to be okay? I know you're having a hard time with something."

"Yeah it's pretty recent but...I'll probably be alright." Marinette shrugged

"Okay." Adrien answered. "I'll see you around then, but call me if you need to talk."