A New Start

The police officers walked Gabriel Agreste out of the mansion with his hands behind his back. Cameras greeted them instantly, their flashes blinding to the eyes. The news crew was rushing around asking questions to anyone who could have been in the area of the fight. Microphones got shoved through the crowd of people to make their way to the main suspect.

"Gabriel Agreste, is it true you've been terrorizing Paris under all of our noses?"

"Was your fashion business just a decoy to distract us from what was really going on?"

"Did you have something to do with the death of your wife?"

Gabriel swatted the mics away and continued to be lead by the officers. The attention of the crowd quickly left him as the two hero's who fought head on with him emerged from the building. They excused themselves from any questions and hurriedly made their way over to the officers that had Gabriel contained.

"Wait! Excuse us officers!" Ladybug called out.

The two men stopped and gave them time to catch up. Once they arrived Chat spoke up quickly. "Before you put him away, there's still something he has of his sons."

Gabriel eyed him for a solid minute before he spoke up. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Ladybug scoffed. "I think you do, and I suggest you cut to the chase. Your assistant has proof on many things that I'm sure you don't want to get leaked."

The officer held his arms back tighter. "Let's go! Cough up what ever you have, or I won't hesitate to get more information about all the other things you've done and add even more time to your sentence."

Gabriel was deathly quiet but eventually slid a ring off of his ringer and tossed it to Chat. The officers started to drag him away, but not before he got one last sentence in.

"I should have took full control of you when I had the chance."

The officers tossed him in the car and slammed the door. As the car pulled away, the crowd surrounded them in an almost suffocating matter. They were being bombarded with questions and Chat nudged Ladybugs side.

"I hate to leave you like this but-

"Go. It's alright."

Chat nodded graciously and vaulted away with his Baton. Ladybug watched him disappear into the distance and when he was fully gone, she prepared herself for the loads of questions to come.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug was exhausted, but she finally got finished answering enough questions so that they were satisfied. Her hair was caked with dust, and she really needed a bath. First though, she had to check up on her partner after everything. After a couple minutes of searching, she found him sitting at the edge of a roof and landed not too far behind him.

"Little Kitty on a roof, all alone without his lady."

"Not anymore."

She sat beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder. A relaxed sigh escaping her lips.

"A lot of questions?"

"Yeah, but that's not what I'm worried about right now."

Chat went silent and played with the ring currently in his hands, eying it intensely. "I don't know what I'm going to do."

Ladybug sighed. "I don't either. I can't imagine what this is like for you."

"On a different note," Chat started instead. "What happened with Felix and Natalie. Did they get in trouble too?"