Worsening

Monarch hadn't akumatized anyone in weeks. While that should've been a good thing, it had Marinette more on edge than ever. She couldn't stop wondering about what horrible things he might be planning to do. Right now, school had just got out for the day and Marinette was going to pay her parents another visit in the hospital. Things had been hard around the bakery without them home, but Alya was a big help. She had been staying with her this whole time, and said she wasn't leaving until things got better.

Marinette had tried to tell Alya multiple times that it wasn't necessary, but her friend was too stubborn and insisted on staying. Alas, Marinette was glad she had stayed with her though. Alya held her somewhat together during the harder moments. By now the word had gotten out that her parents had been in an accident. Everyone was so kind, whether it was giving gifts, flowers, or cards. Though she had to admit, all the attention was getting kind of overwhelming.

Adrien approached Alya and Marinette while he was waiting for his bodyguard. "Hey guys, you doing okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. For the most part at least." Marinette replied.

"How are your parents doing?" Adrien asked.

"They're doing a lot better. They're being released in a week or two, but they still have to take it easy." Marinette replied.

"Yeah, we were about to go visit them right now." Alya mentioned.

Adrien's bodyguard pulled up in the car. "I wish I could go with you, but you know how my father is." Adrien replied walking down the staircase. "I'll see you guys later. Tell your parents I hope they get well soon!"

Once Adrien was gone Alya and Marinette decided to stop by the bakery and drop off their school items then head out to the hospital.

Once they arrived at the hospital they went to the desk and requested to visit. As they walked down the hall to the room, Marinette felt a sudden dread come upon her once again. Time seemed to move in slow motion looking around at all the doctors and patients getting rushed in with all sorts of problems. The walls felt like they were caving in on her, and she suddenly found it difficult to breath. What's happening to me!?

Alya placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder and felt her flinch a little. "Mari are you okay? You look pale."

"Y-yeah...I'm fine." Marinette replied.

Alya didn't buy it one bit, but decided not to question it further since they had arrived at the room. The two quietly walked in and seen the two beds with Marinette's parents in them. They noticed the two walk in and greeted them with smiles.

"Hey honeybun good to see you again." Tom smiled.

"Hey sweetie." Sabine greeted.

"Hey Mom and Dad." Marinette smiled slightly.

"Hi to you to Alya. Thank you again for making sure Marinette isn't having a hard time." Sabine said.

"No problem ma'am, anything to help." Alya replied shutting the door behind her.

Tom sighed. "I can't wait till we get out of here and we're able to go back to working in the bakery."

"Well I'm pretty sure you only have a week or two left in here. But you'll still have to not overdue it." Marinette informed.

Sabine suddenly had a thought. "Oh Marinette you've still been taking your anxiety medication haven't you?"

"Yes mom..." Marinette mumbled.

Sabine smiled. "I know you don't like taking it dear, but you get so worked up sometimes." She said. "We don't want it to get too bad."

Marinette sighed. "I know."