Feeling Alone

"Sir, burning down the school building!?Are you crazy!?" Natalie yelled at Gabriel in his work room.

"It had to be done Natalie." Gabriel said nonchalantly.

Natalie scoffed. "By committing Arson? Surely there were more proper ways to get Adrien out of school and safe."

"Possibly." Gabriel answered. "But we have to send bigger messages to Ladybug and Chat Noir to let them know we're not messing around."

Natalie shook her head in disbelief. This was definitely not the Gabriel she had once known. She walked out of his work room and headed back upstairs to her bedroom. All of this stuff was absurd and a total lost cause. As much as she wished Adrien had his mother back, it wasn't worth the calamity people would have to undergo because of Gabriel's crazy antics. Not now...not ever.

She thought back to how he had told her they had to send a bigger message to the superheroes. They were just kids. They didn't deserve this...they never did. She was a fool to have ever helped him in the first place, but she hoped that he would soon see how much she cared for him and it would blossom into something more...Though that was behind her now. She no longer felt that way towards the man.

Now she felt sick to her stomach at the thought of him, and pure anger because of the way he was handling things and treating his son. Neglecting him, controlling him, and keeping him locked up like some stray animal. Adrien didn't deserve this and she was about to do something about it.

Sitting on her bed she opened her computer and looked through the contacts finding a specific number. Felix. She knew he probably regretted giving Gabriel all the miraculous, but she understood why he did it. Now it was about time they worked together to stop him. She would have to hurry before Gabriel caught onto what she was about to do.

~~~~~~~~~

Marinette trekked downstairs to see what her parents were doing. She didn't feel energetic or as happy as she usually was which was understandable. But she couldn't help that nagging feeling at the back of her head telling her that she was alone. She knew she wasn't, but for some reason she still felt like it. She caught eyes of her parents walking around in the bakery moving stuff around.

"What are you doing? You should be resting?" She asked concerned.

"Don't worry sweetie we're fine. We have the bakery closed for another two weeks just so we can fully recover." Sabine smiled.

"So what are you doing right now?" She asked.

"Well we thought since it's closed we could clean up and reorganize things in here. It's been a while." Tom spoke from across the room.

"Do you need any help?"

Sabine turned to face her. "You've already done so much for us. I think we can handle it." She replied, but grew concerned as she got a good glimpse of Marinette. "Are you okay? You're not looking too great."

Marinette started to tell them what was really going on with her, but decided against it. They wouldn't understand. Nobody would. They would just think she was overreacting or whatever and tell her it was all going to be fine. She was alone.

"Yeah I'm fine...just tired." She lied.

"Well go get some rest. I'll get you when lunch is ready."

Marinette now sat in her room once again at her desk, her head laying on the table. Tikki sat in front of her and did nothing but watch attentively. After a couple of minutes of tense silence Marinette spoke up.