HE'S WHO!?!

Ladybug swore she felt her heart skip a beat. Felix knew who Monarch was. It could have been another trick of his, but the look on his face was telling her otherwise. She could hear Chat shuffle his feet on the ground in anticipation. The silence passed around the group for a good few seconds before someone picked up the conversation again.

"Sooooo, who is it?" Chat asked after what felt like forever.

Felix took one more glance back at Natalie before making eye contact with the two in front of him. "Gabriel Agreste."

Suddenly Chat's blood ran cold. "W-what?" Then he remembered something. "Wait that can't be right. In the past Ladybug thought it was him, but it wasn't."

Ladybug face palmed. "Ugh, so I was right a while ago. This whole thing could have been over with already!"

Chat turned to her appalled. "You can't seriously believe he's actually him can you?"

"Yes I can." Ladybug said sternly. "He could of easily tricked us now that I'm thinking back to it. He would be able to akumatize himself. If that seems a little far fetched to you then what about all the other information I found."

"That could have just been a coincidence." Chat tried to defend.

"Seriously?" Felix interrupted. "His logo is literally a butterfly."

"Exactly!" Ladybug joined in. "Also back then he rarely came out the house and now he never does. He more secretive than before. Then to put the cherry on top nobody has heard from his son either."

Chat flinched at the last comment. His friends were probably worrying about him, but he couldn't even focus on that because of the dreadful thought that entered his mind. That means if Gabriel is Monarch then I've been living with him since the beginning...my own father is a villain?!

Felix sighed. "Also when I went over there his assistant was nowhere to be found."

Ladybug pondered. "You know that would make sense. Monarch seems to have become power hungry. If I was her I would leave too. That also means that she was most likely the holder of the Peacock."

She eyed the person who had been standing behind Felix who still hadn't spoke a single word. She slowly stepped towards them. "Also if I was her I would get help to stop him." She stopped once she was close enough to examine their face better. "Isn't that right, Natalie?"

Chat felt his body start to shake at the connection. No it couldn't be.

Finally the person spoke. "You got me Ladybug. It's a long story."

"Well let's hear it." Ladybug replied sternly. She turned around. "Isn't that right Ch- Chat?"
The group looked around and he was nowhere to be seen. "Where the heck did that Cat go!?"

"You don't think he went after him do you?" Felix asked.

"No he's not that stupid....at least I hope not." Ladybug shook her head. "Now tell me what happened."

"Well...." Natalie started. "It's true, Gabriel is Monarch. In the beginning I helped him because he was sad and miserable and his goal was to bring back someone dear to him. I was the only person he had so I stood by him. But over time it was less about that cause and more about getting power. Now he stops at nothing to get what he wants regardless of if he actually hurts people. At this point I think he would even go after his own son if that meant getting power."

"This person that he's trying to revive, it's his wife isn't it?" Ladybug questioned.

"Correct." Natalie affirmed. "Her death changed him in a bad way and now he's getting worse and planning on turning the miraculous into rings. I left to get help. I'm tired of just watching him hurt others and I had to protect Adrien. It was the only way."