Pain

Monarch rode up the elevator back into his mansion. Calling off his transformation he walked over to his desk and scrolled through items on his tablet. A knock sounded at the door of the room. His assistant Natalie walked in with papers and placed them down next to him.

"Is your plan almost ready Gabriel?" Natalie asked.

"Yes, Ladybug and Chat Noir don't know what's coming." Gabriel replied.

"What about Adrien? You don't want him to get hurt during these attacks." Natalie said.

Gabriel pondered. "I need to find a way to get him out of school for a couple of months. And I'm guessing our Ladybug and Chat also go to the same school." He said. A sinister snicker appeared on his face. "And I have just the plan."

Natalie frowned. She didn't like the man Gabriel was becoming. She also wondered why he hadn't just narrowed down the kids at Adrien's school if he thought Ladybug and Chat went there. It would be a lot easier than what he was doing now, but she wasn't going to tell him that. She'd just about had enough of helping him all this time. Putting his son in danger all to achieve a once meaningful goal, but now she could tell he just wanted power. She was starting to hope Ladybug and Chat would beat him.

"What's your plan sir?" She asked.

"You'll see Natalie, you'll see."

~~~~~~~~~

Adrien woke up to the sounds of sirens nearby his house. He got up out of bed and got dressed for school. On his way downstairs he snuck Plagg some cheese and looked around the house for his father, but as always he was nowhere to be found. As his bodyguard drove him to school he couldn't get the smile off of his face. Marinette was his lady. He couldn't be too obvious that he knew though since Marinette didn't know who he was under the mask.

As they got closer to the school building the sirens Adrien heard earlier had gotten louder. He looked out of the car window and his eyes widened in surprise. The whole school building was up in flames. Firefighters worked to stop it while school kids watched from afar. Adrien spotted Marinette, Alya, and Nino nearby. He got out of the car and ran over to them.

"What the heck happened!?!" He asked.

"We don't know dude, the place just caught fire randomly." Nino replied.

Adrien glanced over to Alya and Marinette and caught them looking at something in the air. A white Butterfly was flying by, but not any Butterfly. This one was obviously a purified Akuma. Could Monarch have done this? After some time the fire was put out and the Firefighters urged everyone to go home. School had been closed for the rest of the year.

While everyone else went home, Adrien found a hidden ally and got ready to transform.

"Do you really think this was Monarch?" Plagg asked.

"I don't know, but there's only one way to find out." Adrien smirked.

Plagg frowned. "Oh no, I hate transforming."

"Plagg claws out!"

After his transformation finished he jumped out of the alley way and checked the perimeter of the building for clues. The inside was still way to hot to be trekking through. He spent a few minutes looking only to come out empty handed. If he was going to find any clues at all they would most likely be inside the building. With a sigh he started to make his way away from the building. In the distance Marinette, Alya, and Nino were talking outside the bakery. Marinette spotted him and waved him over.