Battle

The moon casted a soft glow onto the Paris streets. The wind shook the leaves on the trees, and the Parisians went along with their nightly routines. It seemed to be a calm night for most, except for a few. In the shadows Ladybug, Chat, Felix, and Natalie had their eyes on the Agreste mansion. All seemed quiet. There were no visible signs of movement and no light was seen on. The group jumped out of the shadows and landed quietly on the roof. Felix checked the windows and found Adriens room window to be unlocked.

"Alright now you three will go in and get down to business. I'll stay out and keep watch. We don't want any inferences."

The three nodded and hopped inside the room. Once they made it to Adrien's bedroom door, they slowly opened it, a small creak echoing through the home. Natalie went out into the hall first, leading the way. Chat and Ladybug followed behind.

"So does Alya know about the plan?" Chat whispered. Nudging Ladybug slightly.

"Yes, I told her to keep away from here, but to be ready to call the police when I send her the message that he's defeated." Ladybug replied.

"Oh." They walked in silence after that. Chat seeming to tense up a lot more than he was. Ladybug looked him up and down and frowned.

"Are you ok-

"We're here." Natalie spoke.

The three stood in front of a bedroom door. Natalie quietly opened it and looked around. The place was eerily quiet. As they walked further in, Natalie looked towards the bed and paused. "He's not in here."

Natalie made her way back behind Chat and Ladybug and looked over the area where the Miraculous had been. "They're gone."

"WHAT!" Chat and Ladybug whisper yelled in unison.

Suddenly Natalie was knocked off her feet and was out cold on the ground. The two hero's took a fighting stance and eyed the direction the hit came from. Monarch emerged from the shadows with the grin. "You really thought you could walk up in here without me knowing." He looked to the ground at Natalie out cold. "A shame really. We could have fought together."

"You're crazy." Ladybug scoffed.

"And look what do you know." Monarch eyed the miraculous Natalie was wearing. "She has the missing miraculous."

He went to reach for it, but Ladybug threw her yo-yo and wrapped it around his hand. "Oh no you don't." Chat took this opportunity and kicked Monarch out the door into the hall.

Ladybug followed him out while Chat picked Natalie up off the floor and sat her on the bed. He doubled checked her for injuries and when he found none, joined Ladybug out in the hall. He took his place on her side. "Wasn't Felix supposed to warn us about this."

"Yes, but considering he's watching mainly outside, he most likely didn't seem him coming." As if right on queue Felix appeared by their side.

"Sorry, I didn't see him." He apologized out of breath.

"It's alright." Ladybug looked behind her at Natalie on the bed in the room. "Go get her somewhere safe. Me and Chat got this."

Felix nodded and rushed to her side. Monarch used this opportunity to make illusions of himself with the Fox Miraculous and surrounded Ladybug and Chat on all sides. Chat looked around him and grinned. "You really think a bunch of illusions are going to hold us back?"

He and Ladybug jumped into action, destroying the illusions left and right. There were just too many of them to get rid of. Chat eyed his hand and then the floor.

"Enough is enough! CATACLYSM!"

He touched the floor beneath them and the whole thing caved in, sending them all plummeting below. They fell for a little while before roughly hitting them ground. Dust caked the air around them as Ladybug pulled herself off the ground.