Feelings

Since it was the weekend, Alya and Marinette decided to spend some time together and chill. Alya figured with all that was going on Marinette just needed time to die down and relax. So, she booked them a day at the Spa. It was the perfect place to get all the unwanted nerves out.

"I can't go to the Spa! I need to figure out how to track down Monarch, and get the miraculous back!" Marinette panicked.

"Girl that can wait for a bit can't it?" Alya asked.

"But what if while I'm there he attacks again, or he starts coming after p-previous holders for information, or HE FINDS OUT IM LADYBUG AND-

"Girl calm down, you're overthinking."

Marinette sat down on her chaise clutching her chest trying to grasp more air. Alya sat down next to her rubbing circles onto her back. "It'll be okay. Did you take your anxiety medicine today?"

Marinette sighed. "No."

Tikki came back with two pills and a glass of water. "You can't forget to take these you know."

"I know Tikki." Marinette replied. "But you know how forgetful I am."

"That's what we're here for." Alya said. "Me and Tikki will remind you."

Alya got up and helped Marinette off the chaise. "Now, your parents are out getting groceries, and while they're gone we're going to have a Spa day."

The two made their way down into the bakery and were about to head out the door. "Are you sure about this?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah girl, you might be in a bad spot now, but it can't get any worse right?"

There was suddenly a knock on the bakery door. Who could that be? The two glanced at each other before Alya went and opened it. "Hello how can we help you?"

"Um I've come with some rather terrible news. Marinette, your parents were just in a car accident, and are being transported to the hospital as we speak." The police officer announced.

"WHAT!?" Marinette yelled.

Welp so much for trying to wash her worries away.

"Man she did not need this right now." Alya mumbled. "Alright thanks for letting us know."

Alya shut the door and turned around to see that Marinette had vanished. She walked back up to Marinette's room to find her in her bed, her face buried in her pillow. She cautiously climbed up the ladder and sat down on the bed. "Mari?"

"This can't be real." Marinette cried. "My life is a total disaster."

Alya was left speechless. She was watching her best friend's life turn to complete shambles and there was nothing she could do about it. "I'm...sorry."

Marinette sat up, her eyes glazed over with tears. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault."

"But I can't do anything to help." Alya replied.

Oh Alya. Marinette smiled painfully and played with the bedsheets. "A hug would be appreciated."

Alya brightened up a bit at that statement. "Now that's something I can do." She pulled Marinette into a tight hug, Tikki hovering close by watching the two. "Come on Tikki, you too."

Tikki happily zipped over joining them in the hug. Just when things couldn't get any more hectic, a loud boom from outisde shook the house, screams following afterwards. Marinette grunted in anger, her nails digging into Alya's back.

"OUCH! Girl." Alya winced.

Marinette pulled out the hug. "Sorry...I'm just so angry right now. Out of all times Monarch decides to attack now!?" She stood up and opened the hatch to her balcony. "Tikki spots on!"