12- Collide

Jimin tapped the rolled-up scroll against the cut palm of his hand, staring forward.

Why would someone be stealing scrolls only to burn down the temple room after? What kind of rebellion was this? Were these scrolls chosen at random, or did they have a specific purpose?

That man... he fought like a Fallen. Jimin had fought enough of them to know.

"Master Jimin? Is this correct?"

Jimin blinked, eyes focusing back on the dining room with himself, Namjoon, and a sketch artist who had been summoned only a few hours ago. Jimin looked at the sketch in the man's hand. The details were better this time. Jimin nodded, putting the scroll in his hand – the one the thief had dropped in the fight – into his own robe.

"Yes, this looks like him," Jimin said. "I trust your abilities to find him."

The guard bowed in respect, rolling up the drawing. Before he could be dismissed, however, Hoseok stepped into the dining room, a large, mischievous grin on his face.

Of all the inconvenient times...

But Hoseok's eyebrows matted as he looked between Jimin, Namjoon, and the man with the sketch in his hand, a bit of thunder rolling in the distance.

"I haven't seen Namjoon this irritated since his birthday," Hoseok jeered. "What's the special occasion?"

Namjoon's jaw ticked, Jimin looked down.

"Do you want me to explain it, Master Jimin, or should I?" Namjoon asked, his tone warning

Hoseok's smile faded. He then swallowed what looked like anger.

"Jimin?"

Jimin was quiet for a moment, trying to find the right words.

"There was a fire at the West Temple last night," Jimin finally said. "The scroll room was burnt to the ground."

He paused, allowing Hoseok to process the information.

"There were some other damages to the temple due to the fire as well," Jimin continued. "But no one was harmed."

Hoseok stepped forward, taking the sketch out of the guard's hand, unrolling it, and looking over it.

"Is this the criminal who started it?" Hoseok asked.

Jimin nodded. "It's a strong possibility."

"When did it happen? This morning?"

"Just past midnight."

"Who sent the message?"

Jimin tapped his hand against the table, not answering.

"Master Jimin was at the scene at the time it happened," Namjoon replied for him, his voice icier than normal.