Chapter Seven

Anger filled my body after reading that paper. It was on the back of the drawing of Maria, but it was a list of abilities, only three to be exact, with Mazikeen's name above it. Next to it, was Ragnarok's. Mazikeen's abilities were her wings, moon and dark magic, as well as they found a small trace of blood magic from her, but it read "from us" after "blood magic". Ragnarok's abilities were he was the Dragonborn, fire, and light.
"My parents knew. They knew all along about the both of us but never said anything" He says. I look up to him. Everything added up now. Why she had a cool feel to her, why she had wings, and one more thing that bothered me.
"Ragnarok... I don't think YOU realize what you've just handed me" I say. He tilts his head at me.
"Ragnarok... Your sister is already a half blood" I say. Ragnarok's eyes widen.
"What? No. She can't be" He says walking to me and looks back at the paper. I point to what I meant, and he sighs.
"Fuck" He says, placing both hands to his eyes.
"What does this mean?" Cotal asks. I look to him.
"If she were to go to Harkon, he could turn her. But she'd get blood magic from it. Guaranteed" I say. Cotal's eyes widen.
"Look... I can help her with the dark magic. I know it myself. But I cannot help her with blood. I can't physically learn that myself. She'd have to get training from Harkon personally to wield it" Cotal says. I nod.
"Yeah. Which is a problem" I say looking to Ragnarok.
"Look man. I don't want your sister doing this. You should know what comes out of becoming one. The Dawngaurd will be on her like crazy. But I can't make her not do it, and neither can you. But you need to make sure she knows the consequences if she ever ask or even states she wants to be one" I say. He nodded.
"I know. I do. But like you said I can't make her not do it. That's her decision. But anything could happen. Especially if she wants to travel" He says. I nod again.
"But look, Siris. I can tell a lot of shit is going on with you right now. I don't need you going down a hole you can't get out of" He says. I nod.
"You ain't got nothing to worry about" I say. He shakes his head.
"You haven't been talking to me Siris. You usually tell me everything. I can tell somethings going on. What's going on?" He asks. I sigh.
"I'd rather not bother you with my problems" I say. He shakes his head.
"Siris" He starts.
"Fine. I've been seeing Lauren, okay? But Gods. Tonight was different and it honestly ticked me off" I say looking away.
"Wait, you have a girlfriend?" He asks. I shake my head.
"She ain't mine. We've just been messing around" I say crossing my arms.
"What happened though?" He asks. I sigh again.
"We had sex again. She told me she could help me get my mind off of Mom, but all we did was have sex. After, she didn't even comfort me. Just turned over and passed out while I cleaned myself up, threw the condom away, and laid there. I ended up leave and going home. Which is why I'm now here" I say. Ragnarok's eyes were wide.
"Siris. That's not how love works" Cotal says. I look to him.
"Like you know how love works" I say angered. Cotal looks away, upset.
"Sorry. Todays just been a wreck" I say looking away, upset I snapped at Cotal.
"Don't be sorry. Your right. Love ain't been easy for me and y'all know why. I'm a mans man. But just because love hasn't been easy for me, doesn't mean I don't know how it works. She knew what happened today. She should have comforted you" Cotal says softly. I nod.
"It was all I wanted, honestly" I say softly.
"You want cuddles?" I hear. I look over to the hallway and Mazikeen was standing there. She was rubbing her eyes.
"Sorry if we're being loud sunflower" I says softly. She shakes her head.
"I only heard that you wanted comfort. Which is why I got up. Everything else after I woke up was muffled" She says. She gives me a smile.
"We could sleep together tonight" She says. I nod.
"Alright sunflower. I've got to talk to them still, but I'll be in there soon" I say. She nods and heads back to her room.
"Just stay here tonight man. Please" Ragnarok says. I nod.
"Planned on it" I say. He nods.
"I won't tell her. But you need to be ready. She's going to start asking questions" I say. He nods.
"She already has" He says. I tilt my head.
"About what?" I ask. He sighs.
"Her wings. I don't have them, nor do you or Cotal. She said she felt different, and that she didn't fit in with us" He says. My eyes widen.
"Does she not realize what I am?" I ask. He looks at me.
"She doesn't see you as a monster, Siris" He says. I look away. She may not see my as one, but i definitely am a monster. A beast.
"Can I ask you something, Ragnarok?" I ask. He nods.
"Of course. Anything" He says, walking closer to me.
"Lauren... the first time we had sex... she said something that ticked me off" I start. He nods.
"She said she was at the tavern for a reason. I asked what and she told me that she was there for me. I asked why and she said "because I would love to be fucked by a beast" and honestly I... I don't know how to feel. I was hoping you knew what it means" I say softly, completely embarrassed.
"Siris. Stop. Stop seeing her" Ragnarok admits.
"Why?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"She shouldn't have said that to you. Just because she thought it would be fun, doesn't mean anything. She used you, Siris" He says. My eyes widen.
"What? No. She didn't. It... we both wanted to do to" I say. He shakes his head.
"And? Just because both parties consented, doesn't mean she didn't use you" He says. I shake my head.
"It's not like that. It can't.... I..." I start. Ragnarok knew.
"You're already fond of her" He says. I nod.
"Damnit, Siris" He says softly.
"She's going to hurt you" He says softly. I sigh.
"I'm going to go lay down. I'll see y'all tomorrow" I say, walking past them. They didn't stop me, but Gods, Ragnarok just pissed me off. I walk to Mazikeen's room, since I already told her I'd sleep with her tonight. She was already back asleep once I got in her room. I take off my shoes and lay down next to her. I thought she was asleep but she turns over and scoots to me. I wrap my arm around her and hold her.
"Big brother told me. I'm sorry about your Mommy" She says softly. I held her tighter.
"I'll be okay" I say softly. She nods.
"You better be. I know I'm only seven but I'm here for you, and I love you Si" She says softly.
"I love you too, sunflower. Get some sleep. It's way past your bed time" I say softly. She giggles softly, before the both of us fall asleep.