Chapter Nineteen

I sat alone at the counter, with a glass of whiskey in my hand. I was reading too, just sitting there. I hated myself for snapping at Ragnarok and Cotal, but Gods, some of the stuff they said was uncalled for. I wasn't being a "pussy" for not telling them what happened. I was scared too, scared that this exact thing was going to happen. Plus, killing Lauren killed me inside. My mind was clouded with everything over the last few days. I down my drink as I hear footsteps come my way. I look over and Ragnarok only stood at the hallway doorway. He walks over to me slowly and stops at the bar. He didn't look to me, so I looked back down to the book sitting on the counter.
"Siris" Ragnarok said softly. I look over and he was already looking at me.
"What?" I ask softly. He walks over to me more, standing next to me now. He turned around, leaning his back on the bar.
"I'm sorry for the way I reacted" He starts. I look away from him and back to the book.
"Don't be" I say softly. He steps to me and takes the book from underneath me and placed a marker in it to save my page. He closes it and places it next to him.
"No. We're going to talk. Wether you like it or not" He says. I sigh and nod, turning myself to him.
"All ears" I say.
"I'm sorry for the way I reacted. I am. Yes, I'm fed up you ain't telling us shit, but... I see why" He says softly. I nod.
"They were your parents. I couldn't get myself to tell you she killed them, then dug them up. They shouldn't have been dug back up. They deserved to rest. As for your sister, I was scared to tell you that. Because I was afraid you'd flip out like tonight over it because it of course, was Lauren" I say. He nods.
"I practically had to work up the nerve to even say it. But the shit with Serana, I had to incase. I'm sorry, Ragnarok. I mean this. I didn't want to do anything to hurt you, and I knew this was going to" I say as a smile crosses my lips as Cotal walks out and stops by the hallway.
"Your sister is alive and is a bad ass. She's strong as fuck now from what Serana said. She's strong because of me and you. Because we trained her. Because I trained her. She's a mage. She's eighteen now. She's alive, Ragnarok. Because of us" I say, still keeping that smile on my face. He smiles through tears and giggles.
"I knew getting her started early would come in handy" He says giggling. I laugh softly.
"I'm sorry though. I didn't mean to flip out. Neither did Cotal. Me and him talked before I came out here. He's sorry too for saying what he did" He says softly. I nod.
"Don't worry about it. You guys had every right to be mad at me over this. I should have told you, it was just hard because of Lauren" I say softly. Ragnarok bends down to my level.
"Fuck her. Okay? Fuck her. Stop Si. Please. I can already tell you ain't the same Siris I grew up with anymore. Si. You ain't a monster. So what you're one of the beast races? Si, you are a beautiful Khajiit. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Your soul is so sweet and kind. You never deserved to be treated the way she treated you. You're my best friend and my best friend is no monster. I love you, Siris. Please stop letting this hurt you as much as it is. With Lauren and my sister. Lauren is a piece of shit, and my sister can handle herself" He says. I nod slowly.
"You're the only one who's truly meant it, by I'm a beautiful Khajiit" I say softly. He smiles at me.
"Because I'm the only one who truly sees you, Siris. I see the pain you're in, I see that smile you barely give anymore, I see you. You aren't just a beast to me like everyone else. You're my best friend, and my brother, wether you like it or not" He says. Hearing that made that damn smile escape and hit my lips. I grab him, and hug him tightly. He lays his head on my shoulder and just hugs me back.
"I love you, Siris. More than you will ever realize" He says softly. I smile and see Cotal. He smiles softly at me and I take a hand off of Ragnarok and reach for him. His smile fades for a second, before he walks over to me and and I pull him into the hug. These two boys, will never truly understand how much I need them in my life. For the past eight years, it's been us and only us. Just a bunch of orphans that vowed to protect each other until the end of time. Cotal lets me go first, then Ragnarok.
"I'm about to head back to the library. I need to continue making potions" Cotal says giggling. I smile at him and nod. Cotal stood up and left, leaving me and Ragnarok alone.
"Have you proposed yet?" I whispered. His face turned red so quickly.
"No. Not yet. Still too scared to" He says softly. I giggle.
"I'm about to head back to the library. I'm going to help Cotal for a bit before doing some major cleaning" He says. I nod and he stands. He gives me a small smile before leaving and going to the library. I grabbed my book I was reading, re fill my glass, and sit back down to read. I hear the tavern door opens.
"Welcome to Rose's" I say, keeping my eyes to the book. I look up for a quick second and look back down. But what I saw completed shocked me. My eyes go wide as I look back up again to the person who entered the tavern. There she stood, my sweet sunflower. She was wearing a vampire outfit. It was a black and red one similar to Serana's. Her wings were visible, those big hawk wings. They were still black and purple, but now that she was older, her wing span was a lot bigger, as well as her wings themselves.
"Siris..." She says softly, as I stand up, practically tripping over myself. I jump over the counter and run to her. I wrap my arms around her tightly. None of you, truly understand how much this small moment changed my life.
"Sunflower..." I say softly, hugging her tighter. She then hugs me back tighter.

Gods... She's home.

This is everything. Everything written before we had our son. But, is this really, the end of this story?

To Be Continued...