Chapter Twelve

I continued to fall deeper into my own darkness after that. I don't at all remember this time period either. Nothing really happened or changed after that. But I do remember a couple of incidents that happened after the Windhelm situation. They mainly all happened at my tavern, somewhat during the late morning or sometime after noon. The first incident, happened while I was walking towards the tavern one morning. I'm not at all sure what caused this to happen, I only know what Ragnarok told me. But upon getting close to the tavern, I saw a man cowered over Ragnarok. Ragnarok was getting beaten bloody by this man, and nobody was near to see it other than me. As soon as I screamed to alert the man I was nearby, literally yelling "stop fucking touching him", he took off running. I didn't follow, since Ragnarok was practically sitting on the doorstep of my tavern. I ended up treating his wounds, luckily nothing was fatal or broken. I got Ragnarok to tell me why it happened, but I can't remember the conversation. He explained he was a ex of his, who did Ragnarok dirty. Ragnarok said he more than likely saw him and Cotal kiss, because Ragnarok was leaving to go get supplies from Lucan. He said he didn't do anything to provoke his ex. It was an odd situation, but luckily Ragnarok survived it and we never saw his ex again. The next incident I completely remember, is the day Cotal came to me. He had several missions for me, all being super easy things in my mind to do. I agreed to take the missions, and left. It wasn't until months later when my destination was back home, when I had the most oddest experience ever. I walked up on what looked like to be dead bodies of animals. But the closer I got, the more I saw that they were humans. Two of them to be exact, and killed in brutal ways. I'll save you the details, but it was bad. But there was one small thing I noticed. Both humans had their blood sucked from them. It scared me honestly, especially not knowing how long they've been there. But I kept on. Only to find a somewhat trail of dead animals. All of them, had their blood sucked. Now, things were freaky. I followed the somewhat trail, until what I found next, absolutely scared me. My sword, the sword I gave Mazikeen years ago, as well as the set of armor I gave her, was lying next to a tree, with an unrecognizable body inside. I knew it was mine, as well as I knew exactly that it was the one I gave Mazikeen. Feathers laid around the body, both purple and black now. My heart shattered, I instantly thought it was her. It wasn't until the point I checked myself, that I realized that it was my stuff, but not her body. The way I realized it wasn't her, was that only feathers were nearby, and the body didn't have wings, or even a wound on its back to prove they've been cut off. I shake off that bad feeling I had, and continued following the path of dead animals. It lead me to a creek, my lead went completely cold after that. There was nothing else that said "over here" to me, so I continued home. I didn't see anything else off or odd on the way back to Riverwood either. But once I hit Whiterun, someone came running to the carriage. They came up to me frantically, and I honestly can't remember what exactly they said, but it completely shook everything about me. Whiterun, was now dealing with what Windhelm did years ago. There was vampire there, that walked the night, but this time, food as well as goods were stolen, as well as those feathers were everywhere. It wasn't night yet, so I ran as fast as I could to Riverwood, and told both Ragnarok and Cotal. We geared up, putting on helmets and everything, before leaving at sunset and heading there. We didn't know if it was her, or if this was just a coincidence, so we made sure we were ready for anything. Once we got there, the same man that warned me before, warned all of us. Ragnarok and Cotal both got to hear it from someone else other then me. That night, we all walked around that town. Each of us walked alone though, to spread out. But once all of us met back up in the pop up shop area of Whiterun, none of us had seen this vampire yet. After that, we all walked together. We made another round around the town, before heading back to the shops. It wasn't until we could barely see the shops, that we all heard a loud thud, and saw some barrels roll across the man made walkway. All of us started walking faster, before hiding behind the closets shop, when we all saw it. There was a vampire, digging in one of the other barrels. I could see what looked like a female outfit, and breast. Being this close to her, I saw a lot. That burgundy hooded cape, that brown bag, a long light sword was on her waist. She was still digging in the barrel, which was filled with green apples. The woman then lifted their mask, which was the same as last time, and started eating. It hit me, that this vampire didn't have food, and was just hungry. I had a bag, inside my bag, filled with several types of food. It was obvious to me, that it wasn't Mazikeen. There was several yeses that it was, but too many no's. I take my bag off, when Ragnarok places a hand on my arm. He shakes his head at me, I'm guessing he as well didn't think it was her. I shake my head, and get out of his grip.
"Hey" I say softly to the vampire. The vampire turned around with the most terrified look. I only saw her eyes, but still, you could tell. I hand her the bag of food, trying to show her I was trying to help.
"It's food. Take it" I say softly. Their eyes softened behind the mask, as they reach out and take it from me. I didn't expect what was about to happen, to happen.
"Why are you following me?" Was asked. It startled me. They spoke to me, but they didn't sound like my sunflower. I shake my head.
"Following you?... No... why would I be..." Then it hit me. I was wearing the same exact armor as before when she saw me.
"You remember me? From Windhelm?" I ask. She nodded.
"I'm not following you. I live down the way" I say. She nods again.
"Why are you helping me?" She asked. I sigh softly.
"You we're stealing food" I say. She backed up instantly after I said that. I shake my head and raise my hands in defense.
"Hey. I'm not going to tell anyone. I'm just trying to give you stuff so you don't have to steal" I say. She looked at me once more. I could tell there was sadness in her eyes. It was quick, but she bowed her head at me, before taking off towards the exit of Whiterun. After that, myself, Ragnarok, and Cotal never saw her again. After that night, no feathers were around the town, which confirmed that the vampire wasn't Mazikeen. Or did it?
No other incidents of a vampire walking the town at night was ever brought back up, as well as anymore feather sightings. From any town after that moment. Nobody ever saw her again. It wasn't until I was twenty eight, when I actually saw her again. Since I'm writing this myself, I'll explain what I mean and spoil this one part. But there's more things I'd like to talk about before I get to the actual full story. If you've already read my other book, then you should know. Mazikeen is infact the vampire I, as well as Ragnarok and Cotal saw. I never added this to the other book, since it felt like to much to add. But it definitely was her. Nothing actually adds up, until she returns after I'm already twenty eight, after the certain mission I'm leading up to. But for now, I'm twenty six during this time, as well as all the other stories during this chapter. They're still some stories I'd like to tell you guys about, before I end this. Things myself, as well as the other boys, have kept to ourselves. This whole book, is things we've all kept to ourselves, as well as Mazikeen herself, doesn't at all know half of this. Because sometimes, things are better left unsaid.