Pt.5

(Ellie's P.O.V)

As some random guy runs over to me, screaming out my mother's name, all I can say is, "Well, shit." My escape plan hadn't worked, as I had entered a large room full of weres that stared at me like they knew me. I swallow hard, wincing as this man wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. The pain on my arms is too intense, and I pull away quickly, falling on my ass and looking up at him. His sandy hair is pulled into a ponytail, brown eyes gazing at me with so much love. He takes my hand, helping me stand, and before I know what's going on, his lips are crashing onto mine forcefully.

I gasp, letting out a soft scream and being jerked back by a pair of strong hands. I feel so violated, so dirty from him. I don't even know this man's name, and he kissed me. Who the hell does he think he is, touching me like that? I reach my hand up, slapping him across the face with all my strength. "What the fuck is your problem?" I exclaim, swallowing the sudden lump in my throat.

Xavier is behind me, gripping my arms. I shrug out of his grasp, not wanting to be touched, especially by him. "I-I, Maria, your eyes!" The man stutters, shocked and holding onto his reddened cheek. "They aren't green!"

"That isn't Maria, Justin." Xavier tells him calmly, but I can feel the heat radiating off him and onto me. "This is her daughter, Ellie."

His eyes widen, and he takes a step back from me. "I-I didn't realize! Ellie, I am so sorry." He seems sincere, but it doesn't help with the fact that I feel as if I'm shutting down from the inside out. This man, Justin, he took the feeling of security away from me. I only felt safe when nobody would touch me, or even graze their arm against mine. Being alone, it made me feel as if nobody could hurt me. If I wasn't touching anyone, they couldn't have feelings for me, and I couldn't for them. So if something happened, it wouldn't really matter, right?

Wrong.

Take Mason, and Fae for example. I never touched them, but look how mentally ill I've been since. I've been a complete bitch to everyone, especially Xavier, who is only trying to keep me safe. Although he has no clue what's happened to Lexus yet, he's not dumb enough to know I've been through recent trauma. He might have known something was up from my anxiety attack earlier, where I insanely rambled about my father killing everyone and how I waas going to kill him, but not the whole truth.

Without another word, Xavier drags me by my good arm out of the cafeteria. As much as I protest, to whine about how uncomfortable I am by his actions, he doesn't let go, instead gripping me tighter. Leading me down to what seems to be a bunkhouse, he puts me inside, slamming the door behind him. "What the hell was that?!" He yells, finally releasing all of his anger.

I shrug, prying his hand off my arm and lowering my eyes to the chesnut-wood floor. "I just wanted to look around," I lie, voice quiet. He sighs deeply, some of his anger already dying down.

"You can't just do things like that, Ellie." His voice is less tense as he leans against the doorframe, black hair falling into his eyes. I resist the urge to push them back behind his ears to see his gorgeous blue eyes, but stop myself. What am I thinking? Don't touch him. "I know you aren't up to terms with this kidnapping situation, but we can't just let you go."

"And why the hell not?" I snap, crossing my arms over my chest and ignoring the pain from my wounds. He tucks his thumbs into his jeans pockets, eyes roaming up my body. I cross my arms tighter, feeling somewhat violated. "Don't do that." I mutter, ignoring the airy feeling in my stomach.

"And why the hell not?" He mocks, a slight smile on his face. That smile sells my insides, causing somersaults to flow through my stomach and dance through my whole body. It's quite nauseating, really, having never really felt that before. I stop myself from hurling, thinking about how unattractive that would be, and end up sitting on the black leather couch with my arm hanging off my shoulder like jelly.