Pt. 15

Recap:

"Who gave this to you?" He asks shakily.

"..Kayla..?" My tone is questioning. Why is he making such a big deal over a teddy bear?

His jaw clenches and unclenches, mouth open in a small 'o'. "Ellie, that isn't funny." He growls.

My eyes widen a bit. "What do you mean? I'm not kidding." I defend myself. "She came in to learn a song and I taught her one..She left her teddy bear on the futon."

"Ellie.." His voice is desperate, eyes watering slightly. What's going on?! "Ellie, that's impossible."

"How?" I take it back from his hands, looking at the black glass eyes and smiling softly. This is so cute.

"Kayla's been dead for two years."

-------

My mouth hangs open. "W-what?" I stammer, not believing a word he said.  Dead? Impossible- I just taught her to play a song. 

His face falls into a more serious expression. Wordlessly, he bolts into the side room where Kayla disappeared into, leaving me with my tangled thoughts. "Xavier!" I call out, following behind as I hear a loud crash. "Xavier, stop!" He's crying, now, breaking everything in sight. His black hair is rumpled and damp from showering still, in all directions from his nervous habit of running his hands through his hair. Blue eyes filled with tears, he doesn't seem to take in my words or presence.

His aura is dark, forest green, thicker than usual. He's unable to guard himself, too depressed and upset to even care. He crouches on the ground, gripping the teddy bear and trying to stay strong. I bite my lip to keep from crying also, his feelings effecting me. "Xavier.." My voice is soft, compassionate now. I sit down next to him in the torn up room, watching him.

Seeing as I haven't touched anyone in months, it's hard for me to wrap my arms around him. But I do, holding him tightly to me and letting his head rest on my collarbone. My body immediately stiffens at how close he is to my scar, but I hold my position, feeling my skin dampen as he cries. I run my own hand through his smooth, silk hair, resting my hand on the back of his neck and closing my eyes. In a second, the light, calm lavender aura inside of me flows through my fingertips like water, sprinkling onto his tanned skin and making him glow with a light purple sheen for a moment before disappearing and fading into his skin.

He sighs, sniffling and putting his guard up once more. I can feel the embarrasment running through him, but pretend not to notice. He has nothing to be ashamed of- His dead little sister just left him a teddy bear. "Ellie, I-" He has to stop, clearing his throat. "I'm sorry.."

My brow lowers. "For what?" He pulls away, leaning against the wall and wiping his eyes.

He's silent for a few moments, pondering things. "For breaking stuff." He says, voice somewhat child like and guilty. I smile softly, standing and looking around at the destroyed room. On the floor is the teddy bear, as white and dirty as before. Handing it to him, he closes his eyes for a moment. "We..We gave this to her on her fifth birthday." He whispers. "She clung to it like her life source. When she died, we buried it with her. In the coffin."

My eyes widen at his words. How did it get out of the coffin and into that room, then, if it was six feet below the ground with a dead child? "I'm so sorry." I match his tone, sinking down again to the floor next to him. 

"What did she look like? Was she happy?" He blurts after a few moments of silence. I can feel the pain in his voice, how hard it is for him to comprehend this.