Pt.12

"No, don't you dare-" I mutter, watching the screen. "You're a freaking idiot, Ash!" I exclaim loudly as Ash Ketchum agrees to battle Paul in Pokemon. Of course, they would lose, but I pretended as if I didn't know that for the sake of my own sanity.

"Only you could get this into Pokemon.." Fae mumbles, sighing and watching the show intently. Ash starts to tear up as his beloved Pikachu falls onto the ground, burnt out and exhausted. A moan escapes my lips and I close my eyes, popping another pizza roll in my mouth and chewing it slowly.

There's a few knocks on the front door. Fae looks up at me with puppy dog eyes, pouting. "Will you please get that?" She begs. "It's probably Dustin."

I nod, rolling my eyes. "You are so into him, Fae."  I call out as I pad over to the front door.

"Am not!" I can almost hear her skin burn.

"Just ask him out, for Christ's sa-" My breath falls short as I open the door, staring at Xavier's chest as he tries to come in. Moving backwards as not to touch him, I swallow the rest of my pizza roll and bite the inside of my cheek to keep from crying again.

"Ellie, i'm sorry, you misunderstood-"

"Get out." My voice is quiet, venemous.

"She lied to you, Ellie, we aren't really-" I cut him off again, my tone louder this time.

"Get. Out." I growl, stepping forward and pushing him out over the doorway and onto the short set of stairs. His apologetic look turns to anger in less than a second, eyes narrowing as he grabs both of my wrists and doesn't let go. I squirm away from him, trying to jerk my hands out of his grip, but it's no use. He's much stronger than me. "What do you want?" I ask after a moment, trying to stay strong but failing miserably. Tears blur my vision, but I refuse to let them fall.

"We aren't together, Ellie." He tells me, his voice a low growl.

"The hell we aren't!" I exclaim, anger bubbles filling up inside of my stomach. "We weren't ever dating!"

He shakes his head, tightening his hands. "I meant, me and Valerie. We aren't a couple."

I bite the inside of my cheek, backing away from him slightly. "Y-You are too," I stammer, trying not to give in to his warmth. "She told me so, and I didn't even ask!"

A soft sigh escapes his full lips. "I broke up with her three months ago. She thinks we're mates.."

"Is she?" I blurt out, before biting my tongue and mentally cursing myself.

He smiles, shaking his head. "No," His voice is soft. "But I have a pretty good idea of who is."

Heat rises to my cheeks, and I feel his tight grip loosen. Pulling my hands away from him, I hide them in my sweater's pockets and look down at my disheveled appearance. It makes me blush harder, and I take a step back, wiping my eyes and going back inside my house. "Want a drink?" I offer weakly.