Meat Me for Lunch

Lifty

Shifty ran towards me. "Check out what I got!" He beamed. He took something out of his bag. It was some sort of machine. "I have no idea what it is, but I got it from Mr. Media's old office. I think we can sell it for a lot of money."

I snatched it from him. "What does it do?" I poked around it. Shifty shrugged.

There was a small screen and a button. Before I could press it, the bell rang for lunch and Shifty snatched it away from me.

"C'mon, let's go, I'm staaaaaarving." We ran to the cafeteria, along with everyone else.

We lined up for lunch, me being in front of Shifty.

"Hey Lifty, I need to go to the toilet, save my spot."

"Sure. Do you want me to hold... that thing?"

Shifty shook his head and ran away.

After a couple of minutes, it was almost our turn, and there were only two cheese wraps left. Shifty still hadn't come back. I looked at the cheese wraps. Should I risk the cheese wraps for Shifty?

It was my turn. I guess I could just share the cheese wrap. Or y'know... I could...

Before the lunchlady could say anything, I grabbed both of the cheese wraps and ran to the toilet.

"Oh, come on, Lifty!" Lumpy shouted.

I slammed open the toilet doors. I put the cheese wraps in my bag and looked around. Cuddles came out from a stall.

"Hey, have you seen Shifty?" I asked. Cuddles shrugged.

Suddenly, a stall door slammed open, and a large piece of meat fell out.

"What the hell?" Cuddles turned around. We went to the stall slowly and cautiously.

Cuddles poked the meat with his feet. I looked into the stall and found the thing that Shifty had stole.

Surely, It couldn't be... no, it can't...

I poked around some more. I lifted the toilet seat. There was Shifty's hat.

"Hey Lifty... is this yours?" Cuddles picked up a green and white shirt, blood splattered all over. It was Shifty's.

We looked at the meat. Then I turned to look at the thing that Shifty stole but it was gone. I looked back at the piece of meat.

Oh no.