Never Meet your Heroes

Handy

School had been shut down for about a week, due to there being more than eighty deaths. We took the opportunity to go to none other than Flippy Foreman's house!

Honestly, Flippy is a huge role model for me. Dude litteraly got his hands ripped off during the war! I don't have any hands! That's so cool! He won the W.A.R with no hands!!!!

No one else was excited. Everyone was just being really serious. Giggles was with her group, Sniffles, Cuddles and Lifty were whispering to eachother, and Faddy was on his phone. The rest didn't want to come. In fact, they quit the Death Detectives.

We had found his house in the middle of the Happy Forest. In the middle of basically nowhere. Weird.

Everyone went silent when we arrived. Sniffles slowly knocked on the door.

No one answered. We kinda just stood there awkwardly, waiting for someone to answer. Sniffles knocked again.

We heard some crashing and the door opened a tiny bit. Someone peeked out of the door.

"Who is it?" The voice sounded extremely familiar...

"LUMPY!?" Cuddles shot up. "Is that you? Where were you this whole time!?"

The door fully opened to reveal Lumpy. He was missing for weeks and turns out he was at a godamn war heroes house!?

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Cuddles exclaimed.

Lumpy didn't reply. Instead, asked "Well what are you doing here?"

"We need to see Flippy Foreman." I said, my voice kind of squeaky.

"Who is it, Lumpy?"

We all went silent. It sounded like a man in their 40s or 50s. Flippy?

"They're my classmates! They want to see youuu!" Lumpy jumped up and down. "Pleaaaase can they come innnn?" He like a five year old.

"Ok..."

I squeaked. Finally! I know people say never meet your heroes but surely it can't be that bad, right? Sure, if he's a bit grumpy that's fine. He's probably old now anyway.

"No but seriously, Lumpy. What the hell are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me?" Cuddles demanded.

"Um... it's kind of a long story. But basically I got kidnapped by a man in an orangey-red suit and a girl in a yellow dress. Oh, and some teachers too. They took away my phone, then Flippy burst in, threatened them, and they said they would tone... something down, I wasn't listening, and then Flippy took me away and basically took me in since my almost all of my family is missing. So now I live here! Yayyyyy!"

Weird.

"Wait, you got kidnapped? By the teachers?" Lammy eyes widened.

Lumpy shrugged as he led us into a room. It wasn't light, but not dark either. Somewhere in the middle. There was a king sized bed and teal wallpaper. On the side, there was a cushiony chair and sitting on it was none other Flippy Foreman!

"What do you kids want?" He leaned forward. He had a military uniform on with green hair. He didn't look 50 or 40, more like a 20 year old man.

"How the hell do you look so young?" Giggles asked, impressed.

Flippy shrugged. "It's... hard to explain. Nothing you need to know."

I ran over. "HIIMHANDYIKNOWYOURFLIPPYANDYOURLITTERALYMYBIGGESTIDOLIMSOHAPPYRIGHTNOWOHMY-"

"Slow down, there kid. Whadda want?"

Sniffles stepped forward, cautiously. "We need to ask you some questions. Nothing about the W.A.R, don't worry."

Flippy flinched. "Okay."

"Um... do you know Mr. Media? Mondo Media?"

Flippy's expression darkened. "Yes."

"Great. Um... so do you know anything about Happy Tree Friends?"

Flippy nodded. "I don't think I can share any information about that. Leave."

"Can I at least get your autograph? On my helmet?" I jumped up and down. Flippy took a sharpie and wrote his signature.

"Now get out."

"But-"

"Get out."

We all got out of his room. "Well that was a waste of time." Said Faddy.

We all agreed.

"I know about Happy Tree Friends!" Lumpy smiled. We all turned towards him. Sniffles got out a notebook and a pen.

"Can you tell us about it?" Sniffles smiled.

"Um... some sort of... show?" Lumpy shrugged. "About these like... tiny animals. Little... cartoon animals, yeah, yeah... um... I think they uh... die or something. Yeah... I think I have an episode saved somewhere."

Lumpy pulled out his phone and searched something on YouTube. He showed us a video.

Cartoon animals, your typical kids show. It looked... a bit like us though. We were shown Snow Place To Go Some animals riding a school bus, just chilling like any other person.

Until something happened. A little pink chipmunk got crushed by a tree. It was so detailed... the organs, the blood...

What kind of sick monster would enjoy this? More importantly...

Make this...

Giggles screamed. "OMIGOSH OMISOSH OMIGOSH!" Then she fainted. Quite an... interesting sight.

Flippy kicked us out then.

That wouldn't be our last visit, for sure.