Sniffles' Discovery

Toothy

I walked across the hallway. It was a couple of days after the shooting. Just like when Nutty had died, the school was a lot more quieter. It was, quiet uptown.

Anyone get that reference?

No?

Ah. Nevermind. I make theatre references when I'm scared for my life. There's a suprisingly small amount of theatre kids around.

Anyways, just as I passed the Science Lab, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the classroom. It was Sniffles. Nerd.

"Toothy, finally, there you are. You're my friend, right?" He whispered while locking the door.

"Uh, no, not real-" I started.

"Ok, great, I seriously need a friend around here." Sniffles smiled. I said no. What a weirdo. "Anyways, as I was saying, have you seen the pattern?"

I shook my head. "Okay um, Sniffles, I need to get somewhere, can I go-"

"Haven't you noticed? It's really easy to see. First, Mr. Media went missing, then, Nutty died, after that, Shifty died-"

"Wait, Shifty is dead?" I suddenly started paying attention.

"Yeah. Anyway-"

"How did he die?"

Sniffles took a deep breath. "I. Don't. Know. Anyways, then Hatty died-"

"Who's Hatty?"

"My classmate. Remember? The girl who got shot?"

I nodded.

"Well, there's obviously a pattern. These deaths can't be just for nothing, they have to mean something." Sniffles bit his lip. "Listen, if you cooperate with me, and give me as much information as you can, I'll pay you ten dollars per week, deal?"

I looked at him. Sniffles stuck out his hand. Eh, a bit of extra cash wouldn't hurt. I shook his hand. "Deal."

Sniffles smiled. "Do you know anything right now?"

I shook my head. "Not that much. But... I guess we should start figuring out what happened to Mr. Media."

"Great idea."

I ran away. Finally, I could leave Sniffles. But now I have to see him everyday. Maybe I haven't thought this through too well...