Mr. Media's House

Sniffles

I opened the bright orange door. Toothy was standing behind me, texting someone.

"It's unlocked." I said to Toothy. He put his phone in his pocket and we stepped in. It was a mess.

We were looking around Mr. Media's house. We had to know what was going on. Or at least, I had to know what's going on. Toothy didn't seem to care.

There were papers and money thrown everywhere. I looked at papers. There were drawings of little cartoon animals.

"Hey, Sniffles, check this out." Toothy called me. He was holding a file, which had Happy Tree Friends S5 written across it.

He opened the file and read a bit. His eyes widened, and his mouth opened wide.

"What? What is it?"

Suddenly, we heard a loud thud upstairs. Then another one. And another. Then we realised the thuds kept getting closer.

Then,

Darkness. Pure. Darkness.

I woke up on a couch. I immediately got up. My body felt stiff. "Toothy!?" Where was I? I looked around. Still Mr. Media's house, but... it was different.

It was a lot more tidier. There were no papers or money lying around. It was all cleaned up.

I started looking for Toothy. I searched everywhere downstairs, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. There was no choice but to go upstairs.

Shoot. I hate to admit this, but I was scared of going upstairs. There was something up there. Something that probably knocked me out.

I slowly walked up the steps. The closer I got up, the more anxiety filled my body. I shuddered.

I finally stepped on the floor. It was dark. I moved my hand around the wall to find the light switch. The second I found it, I slammed on it, so the top floor wouldn't be as scary. I mean, creepy. Not scary.

I'm not scared.

I shuddered. This reminded me a lot of the incident. That stupid amusement park ride. I wish Giggles and Flaky never persuaded me to get on there.

I looked around. The upstairs looked a lot more messier than when we entered Mr. Media's house. Just like before, there were a lot of papers scattered around the floor. But instead of doodles and drawings, there was messy writing. I looked closer at the papers.

DON'T LOOK FOR HIM

IT'S POINTLESS

YOU'LL HAVE THE SAME FATE

Were the papers talking to me? No, don't be silly, Sniffles. That's not possible. I shuddered again and continued the search.

I checked a couple of rooms, then I went into the bathroom. Then, I heard another thud. I looked to see what was next to me. The shower door had slammed open, and Toothy's bloody body came out, holding the file.

Toothy had been cut open. Organs splattered everywhere. A crushed heart, splattered brain... it was a gory,, bloody mess that I never want to remember

My eyes widened. I immediately called 911.

Then I called Cuddles.

Cuddles

"You're joking, right?" My eyes widened. Nononononono, Toothy can't be dead.

"No." Sniffles voice was shaky, traumatised.

"WHERE THE HELL YOU!?" I screamed.

"22, Navarro Street."

I hung up and snatched my skateboard.

"Cuddles, I told you, no skate board for a week." My father came downstairs. I ignored and ran out. Luckily, Navarro Street was not too far off.

I slammed the door open as soon as I got there and ran upstairs. I saw Sniffles in the bathroom and ran to him.

There was Toothy's body.

No. No. Nononononononononononono. This couldn't be happening.

My knees dropped down to the floor.

"I'm sorry." Sniffles trembled.

I heard a couple more people come into the house. They went upstairs and towards us. The police.

No...