Chapter 9

I sincerely apologize for not updating the chapters.

Also I can't play genshin anymore because I don't have enough data for the new update. *cries* I'm especially sad because this update is when Ayato's card comes out. Also did you guys see the hoyo fair spring videos? There's one with Ayato in a suit~!!!🤭❤️❤️❤️❤️

But I restarted Mystic Messenger! I am so ready to fall in love with every character again. I'm doing Yoosung's route first!

Thank you for reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, the desert. The place I will never step foot inside of unless it's an emergency. 

You thought to yourself every positive things you could think of to stop yourself from thinking about the dreadful next two weeks, but it just wouldn't work.  

There were few ruins that you had to go to, and you had decided to check out the closest one first, then go further back.

Fortunately, today, you came with a purpose and a reason, unlike many other days where you just flout and wander around, doing what does with the flow.

You were going to visit Dehya today. You were getting unsure whether the changes to your appearance were actually taking effect, or if people who you knew before all the changes took place were able to recognize you.

And you decided, who better would you ask than the almighty Dehya herself?

She may look tough and scary, but she seemed to care a lot about her fashion, and she had her own portable make-up case, so you decided that she may be able to give you tips.

You had agreed to meet up with her in a particular old ruin, where you once got lost and almost died in. 

"Hi, Dehya!"

"Hey, F/N. Why did you want to meet me today?" Strait to the point.

You help up a picture of your old self, and asked, "Does this person look like me?"

Dehya looked closely at the picture then at you, and said, "Isn't it you?"

... Although you kind of expected that, you were hoping for a different answer. You could feel the pain of all of your hard work going down the drain, and your heart breaking.

So, instead of crying and whining all day long, you decided to ask her for help.

"Dehya, can you help me look nothing like this girl while maintaining my normal face so others can recognize me but not mistake me for this girl?"

And that was how your training with Dehya started. A training to use makeup. Not a lot, but enough.

...

Just in two weeks time, you had completely mastered using makeup, and you had learned that Dehya was an incredible make up artist.  She made it so people could see you and think,"wow that's f/n!" and people who knew won't see any changes, but you didn't look like your old picture. (How is that even possible, you ask? Idk.)

Needless to say, she was amazing, 10/10. She had even helped you with your research about the ruins and helped you go back to the Sumeru city.

"Thank you so much, Dehya! Without you, I wouldn't know what I would have done!" you say, hugging her out of gratitude.

"Which do you mean, the makeup, or the fighting in the ruins?" she said chuckling.

"Both obviously. And Deyha, do you think you could keep this a secret from others? I will pay you if you want me to!" you said, because what if she told the others or traveler? all the plan would have been ruined. 

"Sure, don't worry f/n. I keep my promises." was the answer you got. 

As you said good bye to Dehya and headed towards the entrance of the city, you heard noises. 

It was louder than the normal bustling in the streets. Something must have happened. It could be that something important had happened in the 2 weeks, or something bad happened. 

You hoped with all your heart that it wasn't the second one, while you walked up to the familiar stairways leading to the city. 

To your home.