Chapter 16

Hehehehehhe It's that time of the term again~ 

Final term tests! In two weeks! Woohoo! (Yes I'm losing my mind and no i did not study) 

Let's take a moment to appreciate everything we've gone through, and spend our last moments of sanity doing serene things. 

Oh? You're asking what you recommend? Well, every midterm/final term, I vent on my poor dear brother and losing my sanity worrying about every little thing. Heh. 

...

I'm gonna fail. I know it. The fact that I'm writing this when I could be studying just shows that I'm gonna fucking fail.

Anyways, thanks for reading! 

—————————————————————-

You and Thoma walk around the Sumeru city, looking for whoever his lord and lady is.

"You sure you don't need to tell me what they look like?" You asked, hoping to help him with the search. After all, it wasn't particularly difficult to find the person you were looking for. She was dressed...ehem...uniquely, and stood out from the crowd.

In a mysterious tone, Thoma replied,"No, my lord and lady stand out in foreign areas, so it'll be easy for me to find them! Plus, you also need to look for someone too, right? You should focus on finding that person! Pretend that I'm not even here!"

"I dunno about that... It would be really awkward to have someone follow me in silence, you know?" you reply, as 'pretending' that this tall, extroverted, Inazuman would give you absolutely no benefit to you what-so-ever. You had to ask him important information about Inazuma without looking suspicious.

"So... how is Inazuma? I hear that not many people have left Inazuma even after the decree, so it's hard to get information on it." The first question. You decided to ask something a little vague, so as not to make him suspicious. You didn't know whether he was sharp or not yet, so you had to be careful. 

"Welllll, it's been great so far. People can go traveling again, and it's been overall fine. Oh! One thing that has had an impact is that we can have our visions again!  I'm afraid that some people hasn't recovered from losing it, but..." Thoma stopped talking gradually. It was common sense to refrain from that topic in Inazuma, apparently. Not many would be willing to talk about the people who have suffered greatly from the vision hunt decree. 

Event though Raiden Shogun was an archon, she could not be forgiven for sacrificing so many of her own people to pursue "eternity". The sins she committed will be engraved into people's memory and heart forever, no matter how benevolent she becomes.

"Sorry about that... I asked an uncomfortable question, didn't I? I'll try to ask a not-so-uncomfortable question. At least I'll try." You quickly apologized for your miscommunication, and hoped he wouldn't changed him  mind about the questions.  

"If you can, I'd appreciate it, thanks, f/n." A warm boyish smile was directed at you, with bits of melancholy showing.

"...hmm... no offense, but you don't look like a person from Inazuma. Could you be a foreigner residing in Inazuma?" The orangish hair, and the way he spoke clearly suggested that he was not  100% from Inazuma. Maybe Mondatat? 

"No offense taken! You're right, I don't hail from Inazuma! I'm originally from Mondatat, but when I went to a Inazuma to... do something, I found out I wouldn't be able to go back, and just decided to live there."

"Pphhht- haha! Well, considering the situation you were in, I'm surprised you would get to that conclusion so fast and easily. Many people in that kind of place would just panic and panic and ask for help, and try to get back no matter what. You have an unique perspective, I see~"

As you chat happily with Thoma and ask him questions about Inazuma, you turn a corner to the treasure street. Thoma looks up from you, and his face changes to delight.

"Ah! My lord!"

You see a horrible sight. A young, tall man with blue hair and Inzauman noble's clothes was walking up to you and Thoma. 

Someone familiar...

Oh crap.