Chapter 4

“Zyan,” a gruff voice rang out.  “We have to leave.  Now.

            The room was too dark to see anything, but, by the clanking of the footsteps made by the group of men and women, I could tell it was made of metal.

            “I’ve been prepared to leave this place for years now.”  I heard Zyan’s voice.  It had an annoyed tone.  A lone light flicked on with a simple message blinking on a screen:

NEXT DESTINATION:

PLANET EARTH-E39945 GALAXY (MILKY WAY)

            “Find your brother and sister.  Tell them to get in the cockpit.”  The gruff voice commanded.  I saw the man’s face.  It was thin, long and topped with short black hair.  His eyes were a flaming gold color.  He turned his head before I got a good look at him.

            “Yes, Captain Vilmos.  I didn’t see Zyan, but I heard his footsteps get softer and softer as he walked to where he went.

            “Captain,” A woman’s voice called as a door opened and a bright white light filled the room, “You have to make sure nothing happens to my children.  You know they are next in line once they find Palīgu.”

            “I know, Mana Queen.”  He replied, obviously irked by her warning.  “They are going to be perfekti labi.”  She didn’t look convinced.  I took the time to observe the room.

            It was a weird, ellipse shape and made of a light, shiny metal.  Tons of screens and buttons where scattered on built-in desks.

            “Ja viņiem sāp, vai nogalināti, jūs zināt, kādi King Idris darīs jums.”  She whispered darkly, looking the Captain directly in the eye.  He didn’t seem fazed, but nodded nonetheless.

            “I understand.”  She gave him one last glare before walking off.

            “We’re all ready.”  Zyan and two other people said.

            “Tadlet'sgetpārvietojas. Mums navdaudz laika.”  With that, my dream ended.

            My eyes had snapped open for some reason-as if my dream was just suddenly turned off.  I was wide awake from that... Interesting... dream.  I tossed the covers off of myself and rolled out of bed, pulling down my shorts.

            “Rain, are you up?”  Bryce knocked on my door softly and pushed it open.  “Oh, hey.”  He gave me a cheesy smile.

            “How are you feeling, turd?”  I sneered, shoving my feet into my slippers.

            “Loooooads better, booger.”  He raised his eye brow at me.  “How was your date?”

            I felt my heart speed up and my face get hot.  “Good.”  I tried to keep my cool.