Chapter 5

Zyan’s Perspective

            “Guess what, Lilia?  Zyan’s got a girlfriend.”  Jedrek shouted as soon as we arrived back home.  I smacked his arm with as much force as I could, but he just smiled at me with those dumb dimples…

            “He does?  Already?  We’ve only been here seventeen weeks.”  Lilia declared as she came down the steps, braiding her dark hair.

            “Yes, m’am.”  Jedrek nodded with that ridiculous smile still plastered on his face.

            “What’s the big deal?”  I hissed.  “We are only here a year before we go back.”

            They went silent.  They both knew what would happen if they didn’t go back with partners.

            “Don’t worry about it.”  Jedrek muttered, storming past me.  Lilia glared at me before chasing after him.

            I focused in on the both of them, trying my best to hear their thoughts.

            “Jedrek, you know that he doesn’t think that we won’t find anyone.”  Lilia whispered fiercely.

            “Lilia.  Like you said, we’ve been here seventeen weeks.  We only have thirty-five more weeks before we have to leave.  We have to find our mates soon so we can convince them to come with us.” Jedrek snapped quietly.  Lilia was silent.

            “Do you think I’ll find someone…?”

            “Lilia… Not this again…”  Jedrek whined.

            “No, seriously.”

            “Of course I think you’ll find someone!  You just need to find your other half.”  He paused.  “You heard what Zyan said, you’ll feel the spark that will draw them to you.”

            “Bet ja viņi jūtas, un es nedomāju, vai man šķiet, un tās nav?”  Lilia whispered.

            “Don’t use our language on me.”  Jedrek yelled, but soon collected himself again.  “That isn’t how it works.  You’ll both feel it, not just one or the other.”

            Lilia was silent again, and I sensed they were done with their conversation.

            I walked into the kitchen and they both stared at me.

            “As your elder brother, I want both of you to know that I think that you will find your mates.  May I suggest that you just go by your instincts?  That is exactly what I did, and I found Raina.”

            They said nothing, but nodded nonetheless.

            “I have some things to take care of.”  I stated, turning on my heel and sulking up the stairs to my room.

Raina’s Perspective

            After the best weekend of my life, my happiness had to fade for awhile.

            Monday was here.

            “Rain!  Get your ass up!”  Bryce pounded on my door a little more loudly than what was needed.

            “I am up, you jerk!”  I called out in my groggy voice.

            “Oh.”  I heard him say quietly.  I laughed a bit to myself before slowly rolling out of bed and grabbing my outfit (light blue skinny jeans and a navy Abercrombie shirt) for the day.