Infect Me with Your Love, and Fill Me with Your Poison

“Your poem, A Third Galaxy, is absolutely divine,” Mrs. Martin squealed to the new guy while she was passing back our poems that we turned in last week, “I especially loved the third stanza:

Far beyond anyone’s imagination,

Beyond their wildest dreams,

Lies a place with creatures like no other,

Living dreamily in the wake of undiscovery.”

            The guy nodded before stanching the poem from her hand with a charming smile.  “Thank you, Mrs. Martin.”

            I swear she, and her thirty-six year old face, gawked at him before continuing her previous task.  When she came to me, she shook her head slightly before setting my poem down in front of me.

            I got a D!?!?!

            “Um, why did I get a D on this?”  I asked her in an angry tone, tapping her lightly on her arm.

            “I’m sorry, but your poem just didn’t seem right to me.  I didn’t get it.”  She snapped, turning to the kid behind me, handing him his poem with a kind smile.

            “Bitch.”  I muttered under my breath.  But, lucky me, she heard me, and sent me to the principal’s office.  As I was leaving, the new guy stood up and followed me, and Mrs. Martin didn’t say anything to him.

            As he shut the door behind him, I whisper-shouted, “Why are you following me?”

            He simply shrugged and continued to follow me down the hallway.

            There was an eerie silence, and before I knew it, I was practically running down the halls.

            “Slow down, Raina.”  He commanded, grabbing my wrist forcefully.  His touch sent a jolt of electricity through me, much more powerful than a simple static shock.

            I stared at my arm, before snapping out of my trance.  “Let go of me.”  I yanked my wrist out of his grasp.  He continued to stare at me with some bewildered face until I just decided to continue walking without him.  “Oh,” I called back to him from over my shoulder, “Don’t call me Raina.”

            He began to follow me with some sort of determined look in his bright blue eyes, which kind of made me feel uncomfortable.  When he caught up with me (which seemed like it took milliseconds), he pulled me to the side of the hallway.  “Then what can I call you?”

            “Rain.”  I squirmed, trying to get out of his entrapment that he made with his muscular forearms.  I felt him staring holes into me, and I turned my head to face him.

            I never noticed how…… Gorgeous…… he is…

            His deep blue eyes were staring into mine, and his tan, perfectly chiseled face was only about four inches from mine.  His dark brown/black hair fell a little past his eyes, and I had to fight the urge to push it out of the way so I could see all of those hypnotizing eyes…

            “But Raina is such a beautiful name,” He said leaning his face closer to mine, “and it means ‘queen.’”  He tilted his head to the left, as if he was trying to read a difficult book.

            “I-I-I…” I gulped, and quickly (and awkwardly) ducked out from his arms.  “I have to get going.”

            “Wait,” He called out to me, and, oddly, I stopped and turned around, “I’d like to get to know you, Rain.  Can we go somewhere tonight at 7?”